Chapter Twenty Eight

"This is a fucking sad grim reaper," Lua said while pinching his nose. "The name and smell is fitting," Potato added, waving a hand in front of his face then opting to just leave the barn entirely. "But the rod in place of a scythe and overalls instead of a robe is just bad costume design," the hateful man called over his shoulder as he walked outside.

"You think?" The old man asked with an eyebrow raised, before turning back around to finish what he was doing.

BranChan was raising his hand in the air and bouncing on his heels, excitedly drawing attention to himself. "Oh, me next!" begged the oaf as he hopped up and down, his barely covered asscheeks jiggling with each movement. Grimm acknowledged the oaf with a simple nod.

BranChan thrust his fist of pink flowers forward and spoke in a deep, serious tone. "I must deliver these flowers to the strange creature," he loudly declared, "so I may complete my quest and receive my wish." Grimm nodded in response, ushering the men outside where Potato and Yeet were waiting. "You're still here," Turtles commented, noticing Yeet's large presence. She had remained in her water dragon form. Potato stood beside her, tapping his foot. "Come on, old man." Potato called, gesturing towards the dragon, "get on and take us to the strange creature."

The old man scoffed and began walking in another direction, his legs shaking as he used the tall rod to drag him along. BranChan marched closely behind, anticipating the moment he had been dreaming of for so long. Turtles sat perched on the oaf's shoulder and couldn't stop himself from admiring his companion's dedication.

Sleepy and Stinky followed behind, holding hands as they scanned the luscious field. The bright green landscape was dotted in white, hundreds of sheep scattered across the vibrant grass.  They bleated in confusion at the sudden disturbance, but didn't stray too far away. A small herd was visible nearby, eating the grass while watching the strangers curiously.

Lua and Mike Tyson were closely behind the others. "Your short, little legs are barely keeping up," Lua pointed out. Mike Tyson began to sigh at yet another height insult but Lua's grumbling stopped the defeated sound from escaping his lips. "What did you thay?" Mike Tyson asked. Lua blushed, watching his feet as he walked. He was too embarrassed to look Mike Tyson in the eye as he mumbled "it's kinda cute" under his breath. Potato watched the group head further into the field and looked up at Yeet. "Is this another mind game?" he accused the water dragon. The goddess grinned and began running through the field after the others, excited to meet up with her friend again.

"Wait!" Potato called out, left behind. He was always fucking left behind! "Look at all of them so happy and in love," he thought to himself, "it's sickening." His hands were shaking from the rage building within him as he watched the happy couples walk away. He would make them all pay! He clenched his trembling hands into tight fists, his fingernails digging into the palm of his hand and drawing blood. He had come this far and there was no turning back now. He would meet this strange creature and harness its power. He wiped off his bloody hands on his pants before patting his back pocket, ensuring his little secret he brought along was safe.

There was only one way to defeat a magical being and he had one chance to make this work. Potato quickly followed after the group, taking large confident steps closer and closer towards his destiny. It was time.