Chapter Forty Two

BranChan dragged himself through the sorching desert, delirious from the heat. The flowers had wilted and been discarded long ago and now the oaf just wandered aimlessly. "I have to find more flowers," he reminded himself as he collapsed in the sand. His body was weak, his bootyshorts soiled, and all he wanted to do was sleep. He rested a dusty arm over his eyes, blocking out the relentless sun and groaned in defeat. The quest seemed hopeless and he wished for a miracle.

The moment the wish passed his chapped lips, he felt the sand beneath him begin to moisten. Water? Rising from the earth? The giant man began to dig into the sand, desperately searching for the source. With each scoop of dirt, he'd feel wetness. And with each bit of moisture, a memory would flood into his brain.

A turtle. He dug.
An angry man. He kept digging.
New friends. The water was now flowing in the small hole he had made.
An enemy? BranChan frowned, his forehead scrunched in confusion. Who was the enemy? The oaf shoved his head into the small puddle of water, memories surging through him. Potato!

The doofus pulled himself to the surface, gasping for breath as the repressed scenes played in his mind. He lead Potato to the strange creature. If he would have drowned the scum in the Oasis then none of this would have happened! BranChan looked down at the magical puddle of memories. Where had the water come from? Was there another oasis nearby or was this all his imagination? Was he under an illusion? He shook his head, trying to clear the fog from his senses, but everything remained hazy. "Yeet?" he hesitantly asked, feeling foolish that he was talking to a puddle. "I'm going crazy from the heat," BranChan thought to himself.

"I guess if you're not Yeet, I can use this water to clean my bootyshorts," the oaf said aloud. That was all it took to awaken Yeet, such a disgusting threat. She sprung from the sand, taking her human form, with her water following right after her. "Don't you dare," she gasped, staring at BranChan's filthy shorts with a horrified expression. She stared him down a moment more before exhaling a sigh of relief. "I thought you were dead," Yeet cried, water rapidly flowing from her eyes.

BranChan walked towards the Oasis and took her in his arms. "I thought he shot you," he replied, hugging her close against his chest. "He did," Yeet admitted, pulling away from the smelly hug. "But he sent my water back into the earth," she explained, "I was hoping you'd take this path again."

BranChan's expression darkened as the memories replayed in his mind. "I need to find Turtles. Can you help me?" The Oasis smiled brightly, slowly returning to her cheerful self. "Sure, any minute now Moon will be opening a portal!"