Chapter Forty

Lua scanned the crowded airport, looking for the familiar face of his online boyfriend. He pulled his luggage along as he pushed past strangers and found a bench to wait at. He pulled up a selfie his boyfriend had sent him last week and once again searched the sea of people. "Where are you?!" Lua sent a text before returning to his search. As more time passed and the crowd diminished, the dainty boy struggled to keep his anger under control.

"Are you standing me up?" He accused in his following text. He couldn't believe the love of his life would leave him stranded in a foreign country. Lua was tired of waiting for a text back and decided to call instead, ready to cuss out this bitch for ghosting him. There wasn't any ringing, he immediately noticed. "Did he seriously change his number?" Lua grumbled. He abruptly pulled the phone from his ear as loud static crackled from the other line. "Lu-" an unfamiliar voice was interrupted by hisses and crackles, "Help u-"

The dainty boy stared at his phone in confusion, wondering where his phone was getting all these static interference signals from. His ears felt like they were stuffed with cotton. "Hello?" he asked uneasily while putting the device back to his ear. The phone continued buzzing loudly into the void, the sounds becoming louder and louder as it went. He could barely make out the lisped voice on the other side. "You-" the static hissed, cutting off most of the sentence. "Thave us!"

"What the fuck," Lua muttered. A chill shot through him that was so intense it made his skin prickle. It felt like somebody was watching him. He glanced around, trying to find the target when he finally heard the voice again. "Find the witchhh" The voice on the other end said before the line went dead.