13-21 The Last Straw

Yesterday during work, thanks to Ellie's curiosity, Sam and I didn't get a chance to talk to each other again and since we weren't alone at the end of the day, I quickly sent Sam a message asking if he wanted pizza from Bella. He did and I had hidden my car behind the station about an hour later to sneak through the garden gate in the wall at Sam's door. To my amazement, the key was already in the lock at the outside and I caught Sam pretending to climb into the empty bathtub for Radar, as Moose had once unsuccessfully demonstrated for us.

"Oh, that's great! It's so fun. Jump in, Radar! Come on, hop in!" I heard Sam, as I came up the stairs, talking in a voice that I had never heard from him before and I had a hard time controlling myself not to laugh. What was going on here?"Come on, Radar! There's not even water in here!" he begged the dog next and I heard the Dalmatian bark briefly. I quietly crept into the kitchen and placed the two pizza boxes at the table before sneaking to the bathroom. Sam was now just cursing under his breath and when I carefully peeked around the corner, he was standing there with his back to me and trying to pick Radar up, who fought back by repeatedly wriggling out of his arms and letting himself fall to the ground so that Sam couldn't pick him up again. I was a little disappointed to see that Sam was wearing sweatpants and a shirt. I was kind of hoping that he would take the bathtub training into account and wear less. It wasn't like I couldn't control myself, but that didn't mean I wasn't curious. Sam was such a handsome man.

He finally managed to get hold of Radar and climbed into the tub with him, while he talked to the Dalmatian again in that squeaky voice. I leaned into the doorframe and watched him, grinning, as he slowly sat down in the tub with the dog in his arms across his chest. Then Radar spotted me and began to fidget, becoming more and more fidgety under Sam's desperate attempts to calm him down. The dog finally freed himself, jumped up and somehow got to the lever of the faucet. Even as Radar greeted me cheerfully, I jumped at Sam's cry and looked up at him again, only to see Sam jump up, turn the shower spray away with one hand and turn off the water with the other.

I laughed out loud when I saw him standing in the tub, completely soaked. He looked so puzzled that I knew he couldn't quite understand what had actually happened.

"That's not funny, Pen!" he grumbled as he got out of the tub.

"Yes, it is! The dry run must have gone wrong, aye?!" I replied to him, still laughing at the sight he presented to me. I couldn't stop myself because he looked so funny while the white sweatpants around his hips started to turn pink thanks to his red shirt. "Nice color. Suits you. But I think Bronwyn can tell you a thing or two how to tie-dye properly!" I replied and laughed even louder. Slowly laughing started to hurt and tears came to my eyes. Nevertheless, I still saw Sam reach for the showerhead and point it at me. But I managed to escape faster than he turned on the water and hid behind the wall."Okay, okay. I got it. Should I get you something dry to change?"

"The woman is finally coming to her senses. That would be very nice of you. Choose something in the closet in the bedroom."

"Is there any drawer or door in your closet that I shouldn't look in?" I called out on the way to the door behind which I thought was the bedroom and was pleased to find that I was right.

"I don't have any secrets from you and I don't have any embarrassing clothes either," he called out to me and I started looking in his closet, quickly looked through his system and found a fresh pair of sweatpants and a T-shirt before I thought about where I could find his underwear. My eyes fell on a chest of drawers and I started in the bottom drawer, where I at least found the socks. I found his pants in the top drawer and curiously reached for one that was lying at the bottom of a pile because something red flashed at me. I had to control myself not to laugh out loud again when I spotted the many fire engines, fire extinguishers and hydrants on it and couldn't resist shoving them in my arm between his shirt and pants. Even though I probably wouldn't see them on him, just knowing he had them on was amusing enough. I would put both hands in fire that he didn't buy it himself.