14-02 The Moon Men Are Coming

"Attention, team!" Steele called out to us as he came up the stairs and we looked at each other questioningly because he sounded anything but amused. "Who here has something to confess to me?" he asked as he stopped in front of us and I could see that everyone was as nervous as me. What was our main firefighter trying to get at? "Ellie, Penny?" he then asked our two female team members and Elvis and I turned to them, but they seemed as confused as we were.

"What?" Ellie replied, perplexed.

"Sir, we don't understand," Penny said now helpless.

"When I just turned on the printer, I was surprised with a stuck print job!" was all he said as he narrowed his eyes with little amusement and I listened in shock.

"You have to turn the printer on first?" I shouted, completely dumbfounded. Now I also knew why I was able to press the button 100 times in vain this morning without anything happening. Steele raised a skeptical eyebrow and I noticed that all of my colleagues were also looking at me confused. "What? I thought it came on automatically when you turned on the computer," I replied sheepishly and their confusion turned into very amused faces.

"So that was you, Sam?" Steele seemed more than surprised as he waved the stack of papers he had previously hidden behind his back. Looking at the stack, I was probably not entirely wrong in my suspicion that I had triggered the print job around 100 times out of frustration.

"Uhm, it could be, Sir. This morning before duty, of course," I said sheepishly, thinking about what it showed.

"And why do you need building instructions for a baby bed?" he then asked as he took a quick look at the stack of papers in his hand before throwing it on the table in front of me.

"WHAT?!" our three colleagues exclaimed in shock and looked at me and Penny. I had seen her flinch out of the corner of my eye, but now I covered up her embarrassment by turning to me in equal shock.

"What?" she said again, also shocked and gasping for air. My God, she could act better than me. If Hollywood ever came up with the idea of ​​making a film here again, I would recommend her for the lead role. She also looked a lot better than me. "Sam, what does that mean?" Penny then added and you would have thought that she really had no idea how I could come up with such ideas - Well, she really didn't know that I was looking for something like that because it was a spontaneous idea and I wanted to surprise her with it, but she knew the background too well.

"I...I wanted to build one...for...well...for my niece...for her dolls!" I stammered embarrassedly, proud to have found such a perfect excuse so quickly.

"Sarah doesn't play with dolls anymore. Bronwyn told me the other day that it's why she gave all her dolls to Lilly," Ellie objected, confused and I flinched. Damned!

"Uhm..."

"Oh, Sam," sighed Penny enthusiastically next to me, who had used the time to look at one of the instructions. Now she put a hand on my shoulder. I looked up at her, confused. "Did you want to do that for me because I told you a few days ago that a dear school friend was having a baby and I would like to give her something special?" What kind of school friend?

"What?" I interjected, confused, as it dawned on me that she had only wanted to help me. "Yes! Yes, exactly! I wanted to surprise you with it. You thought about it so much. It was just an idea because you asked me for advice because I'm so good at crafts and..." I then just babbled, gratefully accepting her help.

"Okay, then we've sorted that out," Steele interrupted me and motioned for me to get rid of the stack of building instructions. I quickly grabbed it, rolled it up and put it in my back pocket. I would swear he was almost as unconvinced by our excuse as Elvis and Ellie, who were still eyeing us skeptically - especially Ellie."Sam, Elvis and Ellie, I want to see you in an hour with Venus and most of all with Saturn at the top of the hiking car park to test out the latest innovations on Saturn! Penny, you'll be here on your own as Arnold has the day off while we're up there. I'll go down to the Cafe for dinner and join Trevor on his last tour there up," Steele explained to us his plan for the late shift today and rubbed his hands at the mention of eating at my brother's cafe.