Their background

2020
Caitlin Foord and Katie McCabe had been best friends from the very start Caitlin started at Arsenal in January 2020. They had both hit it off at Caitlin's first training when they were joking around. At this time, Katie had been in a relationship with Ruesha Littlejohn, they had been together for 3 years now, but have been public for 1 year. Being in an open gay relationship and in the public eye was difficult because both of the girls are football stars, mainly because now a lot of people wanted to know about their private life and were always making speculations. That didn't change the fact that they loved each other though, anyone could tell that by looking at the way they looked at each other during games or during interviews.

2020 was a very hard year for most people, it was the year covid started, so for Caitlin she moved in with her new friend Lia Wälti, fellow arsenal player who she hit it off with very well, which was the starting point of their relationship. Caitlin wasn't really the person to share too much about her personal life on social media, so there were a few posts here and there about the pair but not much besides that. They spent all of quarantine together, which made them really close but also meant they were living in each others pockets every single minute of every day, which caused a few arguments, specifically about why Caitlin was texting her friends constantly.

Katie, Caitlin and Jordan Nobbs had very quickly become a close trio that hung out regularly after Covid. Ruesha did tend to mention to Katie that the trio hung out a lot and that she had been very very close to Caitlin lately. Sometimes Lia mentioned it to Caitlin too. Their partners never really thought too much about it though because they were good friends and they had the right to hang out with their good friends.

Katie and Caitlin would comment on each others instagram posts, sometimes what they say would be flirty but no one really thought much into it because they just assumed that was their humour, besides Rue who would mention it to Katie and get a bit frustrated. They would go to parties together with the arsenal team, post photos together, they would go to games together, they have even gone on a few trips together, some with their teammates and some with Jordan too. Lia had started to mention to Caitlin a bit more that she felt like she wasn't getting as much attention as what she was giving her friends, Caitlin tried to reassure her because she had never witnessed it before, she loved Lia and only her. Ruesha however got very jealous when Katie would say she's going out with the trio, and would always dread when Katie had to leave to go to Arsenal training, knowing that a certain Aussie was going to be there, this sparked many arguments between the two Irish girls. One time they were on their way to a game in Katies car in 2022 with Ruesha, her twin sister Shebahn, who were sat in the back together and Katie and Caitlin who were sat in the front together and Shebahn had accidentally called Caitlin "Caitlin McCabe", this had started a big argument between Katie and Ruesha when they had got home from the match.

Rue was saying, "Everyone sees the way you act towards Caitlin now, my own fucking sister sees it, do you not think you need to distance yourself from her? To save what we have created for us?"

"It was a mistake Rue, our names are basically the same and Shebahn just got muddled up, shouldn't you be speaking to her about all of this anyways, it's not my fault." Katie said starting to get frustrated.

"Whatever, let's just go to sleep." And that was the end of that argument... for now.