Conti Cup

The day before the Conti cup final, Caitlin, Katie, Beth, Viv and Teyah had all gone out for brunch with Myle. Katie loved hanging out with the Meadema couple and now that her and Caitlin were together they could do double dates, which they tried to do as often as they could. Especially now that Viv was out again with her knee troubles, Katie always tried her best to check up on her which included going out for meals with Viv's other half, their shared friends and of course Myle. Whilst they were waiting for their food Caitlin picked Myle up and put him in her lap, she loved being around dogs because they reminded her of her dog Peach who she missed a lot and the smile it brought to Caitlin's face made Katie's heart swell.

They had their food and then went for a quick walk around the town, then made their way back to their own houses. Teyah had gone back with Katie and Caitlin because she basically lived there now herself because she was there so often, either hanging with Ella or there just to have free food and watch movies. The rest of the day they relaxed at home, did some stretching and did some cardio upstairs ;) , in preparation for the Cunty Cup final.

The next morning, the girls had a bit of a sleep in then had a big breakfast that Katie cooked and Caitlin sat back and scrolled on her phone. Later on they had to get to the team bus and then drive to the stadium they were playing at. This time everyone made sure to ask the kit guy that they have the right socks and made sure to double check absolutely everything. Once they were 100% sure they had everything they headed off to the stadium. When the team made it, they went into another room to discuss strategy and then went for the pre-game walk on the pitch. After all the pre-game rituals it was finally time for kickoff.

Katie was in the starting 11 and was playing very well. By half time the score was still 0-0 and Chelsea had kicked a goal but was drawn out by a handball through VAR camera's. In the 72nd minute Caitlin was subbed on. Emotions were running high in the 100th minute when Frida had gone down with no explanation. To see their teammate go down and then be stretchered off whilst unconscious and then having to continue playing a final, was intense for the Arsenal girls. When they were told they had to continue by the umpire, they gathered in a huddle on the pitch.

"It's not fair that we have to continue playing after our teammate is unresponsive." Caitlin said joining the huddle.

"We have to keep playing Cait it's the final, we have to win." Katie replied.

"Seriously all you're thinking about is winning at a time like this, Frida is unconscious right now!" Caitlin said and pointed over towards were Frida was. (102 minute, she probs didn't say this but it looked like they were arguing)

"Alright girls calm down, Frida has the medical team and we have to focus on finishing this game for her." Manu said joining the huddle now as well. "Ready? For Frida." She said and the girls split off to their positions.

In the 105th minute of extra time Katie was subbed off and Kyra came one, bringing the population the Ausenal trio, which we all know work amazingly together. Minute 116th of extra time, Caitlin received the ball, dribbled towards the goals, spotted Stina and passed it off and then next thing they knew they were celebrating getting a goal! The stadium erupted in cheers, they knew they had won it for their team and their fans. They still had to keep playing for the remaining minutes and then once that whistle blew the girls immediately started their celebrations. Katie sprinted to the group and jumped straight onto Less. After she got down she wanted to find Caitlin because she was the only person she wanted to celebrate with. She found her and immediately was pulled into a hug by Caitlin.

"I'm sorry baby, I was just stressed I didn't mean to snap at you." Caitlin said into the top of her girlfriends head.

"Don't be sorry my love, we just won the Conti Cup!" Katie said enthusiastically. Then they went off to celebrate with the rest of the team.

At one point whilst the team was walking around the pitch, Katie slid her arm around Caitlin's waist and went to give her a kiss on the cheek but Caitlin had moved her head to look at her girlfriend which ended up with an awkward half kiss. The girls pulled apart quickly before anything escalated and then looked at each other with a scared look wondering if anyone saw them. They laughed it off and then continued walking around the pitch. They also shared many small touches throughout their celebrations and stayed attached at the hip the whole time. Caitlin had also pulled Katie into a very big hug whilst they were waiting for their medals, and in that moment they didn't really care who was watching, they just wanted to celebrate with each other.

Unfortunately they couldn't go out and celebrate as much as they did after last years Conti Cup win because Caitlin had to be up early to fly to Florida for Matildas camp and Katie was leaving for Ireland camp the next day too. They went home to have one or two drinks with Ella and then called it a night. Caitlin was up at 5am to leave and Katie wanted to get up to say goodbye but for some reason she had a very big headache, I wonder why.