New beginnings?

The next day, Caitlin had chosen a few photo's from their trip to Spain that she decided to post on Instagram. A few fans have realised that the pair had shared a few clothes and were starting to make speculations but she just assumed that that could be seen as a friend thing to do. However they're not the comments that caught her eye. When she read the comment from her Aussie friend @matyryan which read "A photo or two didn't make the cut 🙈😂", Caitlin knew exactly what photo's he was referring to. It was the one that Jordan had posted on Katie's story of them hooking up on the night that they got very drunk on. Caitlin laughed thinking back to that moment, well not that she could remember it very well, but the photo was pretty funny and she would've liked the moment if she could remember it clearly. She wrote back to him "Didn't want to break the internet with that one 😅", which was up to the fans to interpret.

Then she got up from the couch and found her girlfriend in her bedroom, packing her suitcase to go back to Ireland to train for the World Cup. Caitlin went to sit on the bed and watched her girlfriend for a few moments. Katie was wrapped up in packing her things up to really notice Caitlin was there.

"Hey Katie..." Caitlin started.

"Oh my," Katie said shocked then turned around. "Cait what're you doing?"

"Just thought that we could have a quick chat." Caitlin spoke.

"Of course." Katie sat next to Caitlin on the bed.

Caitlin looked at Katie and smiled to let her know that it was nothing too serious and that she didn't need to worry. "I just wanted to say I'll miss you, and no matter what happens this month and with our game I don't want it to affect us."

Katie smiled at Caitlin, "Of course Cait, nothing will affect us no matter what the outcome is for any of the games." Katie said then reached her hand out to grab Caitlin's which was resting on her knee.

Caitlin smiled again. She had a question she was a little afraid to ask but knew she had to. "How're you feeling about seeing Ruesha again?"

Katie sighed and looked away from her girlfriend and focused on the floor. "Yeah, I'm not too sure, I haven't really thought about her," she paused, then looked back into Caitlin's eyes, "My mind's been pretty preoccupied with someone else." "Katie smirked at her.

"Oh really?" Caitlin smiled back at her.

"Yeah." Katie said leaning in closer.

Caitlin closed the gap between the two by capturing Katie's mouth with her own. Katies hands went straight up to Caitlin's cheek and the back of her neck. Whilst Caitlin left her hands resting on Katies leg and hip. Katie tried to deepen the kiss but Caitlin had to lean away because she started to realise where she was and felt a little uncomfortable.

"Does it ever make you uncomfortable that you're spending your time with your new girlfriend in the place where you spent majority of your time with your ex girlfriend?" Caitlin kind of blurted out.

Katie kind of chuckled, "Yeah look, I mean I haven't really thought about it, but Rue and I never really spent much time in this room, besides sleeping, if that's what you're worried about. But I've been thinking I might look into getting a new place, because I've had this place for a while and those memories need to move into the past because now that I have you, I want to make new memories with you preferably not in the place my ex and I spent our time."

Caitlin just smiled, because she felt awkward answering her, she didn't want to say 'yeah please move' or 'no you don't have to move' because that was absolutely not her decision to make. "I'm here to support you Katie." Is all Caitlin said.

Katie took Caitlin's hand and lead her out of her bedroom and down to the kitchen. "This area of the house is now our spot. I promise you Ruesha barely spent anytime in the kitchen, it was mostly me and after the other day, you are the only person that comes to mind when I'm here."

Caitlin smiled and kissed her girlfriend. Sort of hoping it would shut her up because she was cute when she rambled but all she wanted to do was kiss her in that moment. So that's what they did, they kissed for a while and then went back to helping Katie pack. Caitlin hiding certain items of clothing that could be considered scandalous and replacing them with sweats. Katie had also changed her Claddagh ring to show that she is in a relationship. Caitlin smiled when she saw it because she didn't have to ask Katie to do it or even hint at it, it just showed that Katie is proud to be in a relationship with her and that she was ok with giving subtle hints about it.