Tease

Caitlin had made it back to London in the very late hours of the next day after talking to Katie on the phone. She went straight home and saw Katie still asleep, in her bed and obviously Jordan would still be asleep too because she could sleep for hours. Not wanting to disturb either of their sleep, Caitlin decided to have a sleep on the couch because she was exhausted.

The next morning, Katie woke up first like she had been doing for the past couple of mornings, however this morning was different because when she looked down the hallway she saw a suitcase at the entrance to the living room. She was confused at first because Jordan didn't have any reason to need a suitcase, it wasn't Katies and Caitlin wasn't due back until a couple more days. She quickly walked down to the living room to find an exhausted Aussie asleep on the couch. Suddenly Katie felt a lot of guilt because she had taken Caitlin's bed and here Caitlin was asleep on the couch.

Katie walked over to the couch and sat where there was a free spot near Caitlin's stomach, she reached her hand out and put it on her side. "Cait..." She whispered. All she received as a response was a groan. "I know I'm sorry but you can go sleep in your bed, it'll be more comfy." Another groan from Caitlin. "Fine. But if anyone asks I tried to convince you to move so this is on you."

"Wha-" Caitlin started to open her eyes but immediately was in shock because she was swept off of the couch and into Katies arms. "Katie what are you doing?!" Caitlin sort of yelled.

"Shhh don't yell, you know Jordans asleep." Katie started to walk out of the living room, back to Caitlin's room.

"Katie c'mon let me down, I've got two working legs." Caitlin begged, trying to squirm her way out of Katie's arms.

"We're basically there you child."

"I'm older than you." Caitlin gave up fighting the inevitable.

"Shush."

They made it to Caitlin's room to which Katie then went to throw Caitlin onto her bed but didn't realise Caitlin's arms were wrapped around her neck, so that when Caitlin was thrown Katie's neck was dragged along with her. Katie had landed on top of Caitlin with a 'umph'. Both girls giggled for a little bit, then Katie leaned back up on her forearms so that their faces were a few inches away again.

"I missed you whilst you were away." Katie said simply. "I know the past few weeks have been hard for you, mainly because of me, and you needed the time to get away and reset, I'm happy you did it, but just so you know you didn't leave my mind the whole time you were away." This made Caitlin smile and look at Katie with her loving eyes.

"For what it's worth, I missed you too." Caitlin said back.

The duo stayed in that position for a few more seconds before Katie went to lean in and kiss Caitlin, but was quickly stopped by her putting her hand on her shoulder.

"As much as I would love to do that right now, we can't. You just ended your relationship and I don't want to rush into something that might end up hurting either one of us." Katie knew she was right but thought she'd test her luck.

Katie went to lean in again. Caitie closed her eyes and breathed a deep breathe but kept her hand on Katie's shoulder.

"Seriously Katie, you keep trying this and I won't be able to stop you." Caitlin whispered.

"Then don't stop me." Katie stated, staring in Caitlin's eyes. "You know how long I've wanted to do this? Since 2021, we were out of covid and we started spending all that time together. We were out one time with Jordan or someone, can't remember, and you were smiling and kept looking over at me, ever since then all I've wanted to do when you look at me like that was pull you close and kiss you. Please, I've waited so long."

It took all of Caitlin strength to say, "You can wait a little longer." Because she desperately wanted the same thing but knew it was best to wait.

"Erh fine." Katie smiled her charming smile back to Caitlin so she knew she wasn't actually mad, then got off of her and made her way to the doorway, then turned around. "What do you want for breakfast?"

"Whatever you're making." Caitlin replied with a smile.

Katie winked at her and then made her way to the kitchen. Caitlin fell back onto her bed and let out the biggest sigh. She stayed there for a while, listening to movement in the kitchen and then decided to wake Jordan up so that Katie wasn't tempted to tease her again, not that she didn't like it, it was more that she was trying to do the right thing by her friend and her now ex.