Claddagh ring

It was the next day after Caitlin got home, Jordan was still out at her training and most likely hanging out with friends after training. Katie and Caitlin had just got home from their training, they got a few looks and comments about how they were arriving and leaving together but Katie just let her close friends know that her and Rue broke up and she was staying with Jordan and Caitlin. Beth being Beth nudged Katie's side and said "so whose bed are you sleeping in?" Whilst wiggling her eyebrows. Katie went a little red but just walked away from her with a slight laugh, not denying anything or agreeing to anything she was assuming.

Once they got inside, Katie went straight for the couch and slouched down into it, Caitlin grabbed them both a water and sat on the right side of her friend on the couch. She handed Katie her water, to which Katie replied with a "thanks" and tapped Caitlins thigh and then left her right hand resting on Caitlin's thigh as she drank from her water. Caitlin stared at Katies hand, specifically a certain Irish ring she was wearing on her ring finger. Once Katie was finished drinking her water, she noticed Caitlin was staring at something, she followed her gaze and realised she was staring at her Claddagh ring, an Irish ring which symbolised whether the person wearing it is single, in a relationship, engaged or married. Katie was still wearing hers in the way that showed she was in a relationship.

"I guess I should change this now huh?" Katie spoke raising her hand slightly.

Caitlin didn't say anything, she grabbed Katie's hand and took the ring off of her finger and inspected it. "It's really pretty." Is all Caitlin said.

"Yeah it is." Caitlin handed the ring back to her friend to which Katie slipped the ring back on but this way facing away from her indicating that she was single.

"How are you feeling? You know, about everything recently." Caitlin asked. They weren't looking at each other as they spoke, they were both still looking at Katies ring.

"I'm not too bad, I think towards the end of the relationship I had lost a lot of love and respect towards Rue. Yeah I'll always love her, but her jealous and mad side really started to show over the past year and it made me resent her. Which is a good thing because now we won't be stuck in a toxic relationship and we're both free to explore new options." Katie turned to look towards Caitlin when she said that.

Caitlin turned to face her too. "How long has it been since the break up?"

"Only like four days." Katie replied. "I'm not asking you to do anything, I get why you want to wait, if the roles were reversed and you just got out of a very long relationship I would want to wait too, to make sure you're ready. I appreciate it." Katie spoke calmly so Caitlin knew she was being very serious.

Caitlin smiled, "good. Anyways I think I'm going to get some rest, I'm still a little jet lagged. I can sleep here if you like?"

"No Caitlin, go take your room, I'm happy to bunk with you but I can't promise I'll keep my hands to myself." Katie joked. Caitlin just gave her a questionable look which made Katie laugh. "Im joking, seriously though go to bed, I'll sleep here or with Jordan and then I'll move back home."

"You're more than welcome to stay longer, we don't care, and if it comes down to it you can stay with me." Caitlin said, not wanting to give up more time with Katie if she moved back into her place again.

"Awww are you gonna miss me Foordy?" Katie teased.

"Ew don't call me that."

"You love it."

"Debatable, anyways seriously I'm going to bed, good night McCabe." Caitlin leaned in to give Katie a quick kiss on the cheek and then scurried off to her room as Katie watched her leave.