Teary eyed

Caitlin and Jordan had gone back to their home after the airport and Katie decided that she should go back to her house for a couple days instead of sleeping on the couch again. Caitlin didn't love the idea but didn't want to fight her on it because it was her choice and they did need a bit of separation because they had been together for the past month-ish. So Caitlin gave her a long hug goodbye and promised she would see her soon.

At Caitlin and Jordans house, Jordan sat down with Caitlin on the couch and thought now that Katie wasn't there, she would ask what's going between them.

"So Cait, what're you thinking right now?" Jordan asked.

"As in right this second? Uhm I was thinking Im kinda hungry so I might go make a sandwich or something." Caitlin stated.

"No, I mean that's great but that's not what I meant. I meant what are you thinking about you and Katie? What're you guys gonna do now that we're back in London and trainings will start again?"

"I don't know, I really don't know." Caitlin said.

"How are you feeling? I just want to make sure you're ok and you're doing what's best for you." Jordan was close with both girls but since Caitlin had moved in with her they had been getting very close and Jordan found it easy to read Caitlin.

"I don't know Jord's, I really like her, like a lot and I have for a while now. She makes me feel like I'm seen and Im special to her. But she just broke up with her girlfriend who had been together for 7 years and Lia and I just broke up to and we still play at the same club, I don't want to make her feel uncomfortable and I don't want Ruesha to get the wrong idea that we had started something whilst they were still in a relationship because I'm sure she already has suspicions." Caitlin ranted.

"Cait listen, if there's one thing I've learnt from being in relationships its that you can't worry about how others are going to feel, you have to do what's best for you and you can't worry about how others are going to react or what they're going to say because they're not apart of the relationship, there's only two people and at the moment those two people are you and Katie and you have to follow your heart and finally for once do what's best for you."

Caitlin sighed as a single tear rolled down her cheek, she knew Jordan was right but it was hard for her to accept. For her whole life she had lived worrying about what others would say or think about her so she never really shared things about her life, until she was 18 and decided to come out to her mum and sister, but besides that she never really expressed her self, except from when she played football, that was her happy place.

Jordan moved closer to Caitlin on the couch and wrapped her arms around her. They stayed like that for a little bit whilst Caitlin continued to breath and try to swallow her tears. Then she got up and told Jordan that she was going to go on a run to try to clear her mind.

Back at Katies house.

The Uber had dropped Katie off outside of her house. She got out her keys and went to go open the door but then realised that this would be the first time in 6 years that she'd be coming home to an empty house. She sighed and then went into the house. Ruesha had obviously been back because a few more things were missing but she left all the pictures of them hanging up around the house which made Katie sad to see. She wanted to text Rue to see how she was but when she went back on to her Instagram she realised that now she had blocked her too.

Katie continued to walk through the house, looking at all the things that reminded her of Rue and what they used to have. She crashed down onto their old couch and started to cry.

Katie had been so caught up in her emotions that she didn't hear the doorbell when it first went off. When it went off a second time, she wiped the tears from her eyes and got up to answer the door. When she opened the door she was very much caught off guard when a sweaty Caitlin was stood there with a singular flower that she clearly just picked from the neighbours garden.