International Break

For the next week and a bit the couple had to spend time apart due to their national countries camps. Caitlin would be in Florida training with the Matilda's and then would go to Texas to play Mexico. Katie was with her Ireland team and was to play France and then the Lionesses. Before Caitlin had left for her camp at 5 in the morning after the Conti Cup win, Katie offered for her to take one of her Claddagh ring's that was gold which she doesn't wear because Katie wears silver but her girlfriend wears gold jewellery so she wanted Caitlin to take it. Of course Caitlin said yes because anything Irish related or anything of Katie's always helped her when she was away from her girlfriend, no matter where she was all she had to do was look down and think of Katie which always made her feel better. In return Caitlin gave Katie one of her rings she used to wear all the time and Katie would occasionally steal when she wanted to be close to Caitlin.

When the Arsenal girls reached Florida they were offered a day off to rest due to their recent final for the Conti Cup and to get used to the time difference as well. The girls took it knowing it would be a smart idea not wanting to strain anything. The second day Caitlin chose not to attend training again because she had strained a few of her muscles and needed to spend some time with the physio working on feeling better before the game. Some fans had picked up on the fact that Caitlin hadn't been seen in any training pictures and the Matildas admin decided to tease the fans a little longer, finding it amusing. The third day Caitlin had returned to training but purposely was not photographed. The fans were well and truly going nuts without the Foord coverage. Katie was talking to Caitlin at night one time and they were talking about all the things the fans had been saying and laughing about how they were joking around on her social media pages saying she kidnapped Caitlin and brought her to Ireland.

On the fourth day the team decided that is was time to 'reveal' Caitlin to the fans. Macca and Caitlin made a video with Caitlin being unveiled from Macca's top as a 'surprise' for everyone and then things went back to normal. On that same day, Katie had their first game against France. It was an extremely emotional and heated game that held a lot for the Irish team, it was their chance to prove themselves to their nation and to their competitors. When they came so close to getting a goal and equalling the score, the Irish's emotions became even more heightened and resulted in Katie expressing her emotions through anger, which is understandable. They ended up losing the game and were very devastated.

A couple days later, the Matildas had left for Texas for their Mexico game. As well the Irish team had their game against England that they unfortunately lost as well. Katie was disappointed and frustrated that they lost their first two games but was proud of her team with how they held themselves in the second half of the English game and in front of so many Irish fans that adored them and her whole family. The same day Caitlin was seen wearing her Claddagh ring in the Matildas post of the girls watching the eclipse. Katie smiled when she saw it, seeing that her girlfriend hadn't taken her ring off no matter how many cameras and fans were watching her.

The Matilda's ended up winning their game against Mexico, with Caitlin scoring a goal, an assist and winning man of the match. The day after, the Australian girls all posted their Florida dumps as they were getting ready to leave camp to return back to their clubs. There was one photo that caught Katie's eye in particular, which was of Caitlin's bum in one of Alana's photo posts. Katie commented on that post "not bad 🍑" which obviously caught the eyes of many, many fans. She had also commented on Caitlin's dump "hurry up" because she was missing her girl and didn't care if she made a public declamation about it.

Katie had flown back to London with Ella towards the end of the day, whilst Caitlin was already on her flight over. Since it would be too long for the McCabe's to wait for Caitlin to get to the airport they decided to head home and try and get an early night. Caitlin made it back to London very late into the night and made it into the house as quietly as she could. Leaving her suitcase downstairs because she couldn't be bothered dragging it upstairs with her and then slipped into hers and Katie's room. She didn't turn on any of the lights, cautious not to wake Katie up so she just slid her pants off and jumper and then slid under the covers as slowly as she could in front of her girlfriend trying not to wake her up. Unfortunately but yet not so unfortunate, Katie had stirred and woke slightly just enough to realise Caitlin had made it home, so she moved closer, wrapped her arms around Caitlin's torso and rested her head behind Caitlin's.

Katie hummed slightly and whispered, "I missed you baby." Then tightened her hold around Caitlin.