Communication

The day after their break up, Katie called Jordan and told her that she didn't want to be in their house anymore and Jordan offered for her to stay in Cait's room whilst she was away and then they'd sort out the rest after she came back. Katie was obviously very grateful for this but felt bad that she hadn't told her best friend that she'd be taking over her room for a few days, so she decided to give her a call after getting settled in.

It took a few rings until she finally found that Aussie voice, she sounded happy. "Hello!" Caitlin said in a cheery way.'

"Hey Cait, how's Australia?" Katie, trying to match her enthusiasm but it was obviously hard.

"It's been great, weathers not too bad either which is a bonus! How have you been, what're you up to now?"

"Uhm that's actually why I'm calling." Katie passed for a second. "So I'm actually staying at your house at the moment and have kinda taken over your room... for now, whilst your away."

"Oh? Why's this, what's going on? Did you and Rue have another fight?" Caitlin's enthusiasm dropped.

"Nah, well I mean yeah but that was the night before we broke up." Katie stated, almost like it was nothing but she was down playing it.

"Oh shit, are you ok Katie? Do you want me to come back?"

"Nah nah, I just wanted to tell you since I'd be spending my time in your bed, I also wanted to hear your voice." Katie paused as she heard Caitlin breathe and went to go say something but Katie stopped her and changed the subject. "So tell me what you've been up to."

They talked for around an hour until Katie ended up falling asleep just listening to what Caitlin had to say. It made Caitlin smile, knowing that she put Katie in so much ease  and made her feel so peaceful that she could fall asleep to her voice. Katie also didn't realise that Caitlin was booking her flight back to London as she was speaking.