Cocky

Later that night, Caitlin had surprised Katie with their first official date. She took the pair out for sushi, nothing new but it was familiar for them both and she knew they both liked it. They could talk to each other for hours and hours, there was never an awkward silence or pause in conversation because they both fed off of each other so well. The date itself was no different to how they used to go out together, instead this time there was no shame in Caitlin grabbing Katies hand from across the table and holding it.

Instead of going back to Katie's house they decided to go back to Jordan's since they hadn't seen her for a few days, and they hadn't officially told her that they're in a relationship. Katie had pulled into their drive way, she turned to Caitlin and grabbed her hand. "Thank you for tonight Cait, I think that was the first time in a long time that I truly enjoyed a date." Katie smiled.

Caitlin smiled back at her and squeezed Katie's hand. Then they both got out of the car and walked into the house hand in hand.

"Hey Jords!" Katie yelled as the door was shut.

"In here!" Jordan called back from the living room.

The pair walked to the entrance of living room to which Jordan turned her head.

"Oh you're both here." Jordan said, then looked down at their entertained hands. "Ah! so Caitlin finally popped the question?!" Jordan asked excitedly.

Katie laughed and shook her head, "Nah, she made the first move but I asked."

Jordan got up and hugged her two best friends, "Aw I'm so happy for you guys. But this does not mean you can have sex in my house whilst I'm around." She said, then let her friends out of the hug.

They both laughed. "Katie isn't staying here unfortunately." Caitlin said.

"Oh how come?" Jordan asked.

"I've gotta leave for Dublin tomorrow and start training for the World Cup and am going to stay there until we fly off to Australia." Katie said, and Caitlin shifted on the spot clearly not the happiest about the fact that they'd be away from each other for basically a month. But she would be flying back to Australia in a few days too anyways, so she'd be able to distract herself with football.

"Anyways, we'll be in my room." Caitlin said changing the subject.

"Door open please you two." Jordan said trying to be funny.

Katie faked laughter then slammed Caitlin's door shut, making a point.

When Katie turned around Caitlin was laying on her bed looking at the ceiling with her arms spread out on the bed. Katie crawled up to her and lay next to her on her side and one of her arms draped over Caitlins stomach and her head on Caitlin's shoulder.

"It's crazy how comfortable I am around you." Katie said.

"That's because we're best friends and kind of skipped the whole awkward dating stage."

Katie laughed, "Yeah you're right." They laid like that for a while, just cuddled up and enjoying being together. "I'm going to miss you Cait and I know you're going to smash it, but I hope there's no hard feelings when we smash Australia and you lose."

Caitlin laughed. "Oh wow you're very cocky." She said as she poked Katie's side.

They stayed in bed talking for another hour before Katie decided it was time to go before she fell asleep. They both got up and gave each other a big heart warming hug and then kissed each other, showing that they'd miss each other but also had the intention of "you're mine, don't forget it whilst I'm away". Then she went to go say goodbye to Jordan as well and they stood on the front veranda as they waved Katie off.