Chapter 2:

The next morning, I get off the plane and make my way to the airport terminal. Before I had left to go to New York, I had made plans with Natalie for her to pick me up. When I search the crowd and don’t see her, I start to get a bit nervous. As I’m searching I hear Lou Teasdale calling my name. I search the crowd’s faces and after a few seconds I find her walking towards me with Lux, her baby, in her arms.

“Hey Lou. Is Bear here?” I ask quickly, still looking for her.

“What, you don’t have time for me anymore? I’m just kidding; I asked Bear on New Year’s if I could pick you up. I think we need a chat.” Lou smiles as she walks with me over to baggage claim. I’m pretty happy to see her and Lux. Despite being One Direction’s hair and makeup girl, she’s one of my best friends.

“Chat about what?” I ask once we’re in Lou’s car. I’ve just put Lux in her carseat in the back row and now I’m sitting in the passenger seat while Lou is driving.

"General things. Care for some tea?” Lou asks as she pulls out of the aiport parking garage.

“Sure, that sounds nice.” I smile. I know what’s coming, but a cup of tea might help the medicine go down.

“First thing’s first- How was New York?” Lou asks from across the small table. In front of both of us is a cup of tea and Lux is taking a nap in the other room.

“Really great. I missed home though. How was Louis’ party?” I say while spinning the spoon around in my cup of tea, even though it’s already stirred.

“Tons of fun. Everyone wished you were there, but we’ll talk about that later. So New York- How was Taylor?” Lou asks, bringing us back onto topic.

“Amazing as always. We had a party of our own..” I say racily, laughing when I see Lou close her eyes and shake her head.

“Really didn’t need that visual. But you guys did the dirty deed?” Lou asks with her voice dropping to a whisper.

“No, we played Chutes and Ladders. We did actually, multiple times. Surprised?” I laugh lightly when I see Lou’s jaw drop.

“But she seems so innocent!” Lou testifies, using her hands in protest.

“It’s my sexy charm.” I say with a wink.

“Sure it is, Harry. Moving on! I wanted to talk to you about Bear..” Lou says while wrapping her hands around her teacup. Here we go.

“What about her?” I ask, my voice becoming stiff.

“Where do you guys stand now?” Lou asks quietly. She knows that she’s walking on glass. Bear has always been a touchy subject.

“We’re best friends. That’s it. Why, did she say anything to you?” I ask, trying to keep my hope out of my voice.

“Yeah, on New Years.” Lou says while nodding her head slowly.

“Well, what did she say Lou?” I ask, anxiousness creeping into my voice.

“She misses you. She had a gotten a little tipsy and I got her to talk after doing a few flips with the boys in the backyard. She’s wants to be a close as you guys used to be.” Lou smiles. I’ve known for a while that Lou has hopes of me and Bear dating.

“ I want to be like that too. Which is why, on the 5th, I’m gonna take her to the British Virgin Islands.” I tell Lou with a smile. She meets my eyes and smiles so big that I think her cheeks might break off.

“What does Taylor think about this?”

“She doesn’t know yet. Neither does Bear. Which is why I was hoping to see her at the airport.” I explain to Lou.