Chapter 39:

*Harry's POV*

There was a ridge between me and Bear that I wasn't sure was going to go away. I could tell Bear was trying to make things better but there wasn't a part of me that wanted to. I tried to keep as much distance between the two of us as possible, not wanting to have to talk again. The last time we had genuinely talked was the night of the fight, but that didn't even count.

I just kept quiet while Bear started to cry. I wanted to break up with her right then but I was afraid of the outcome. What would Bear do? More importantly, why would I do? Being alone wasn't one of my favorite pastimes and being on tour would've just gotten a hell lot more awkward.

Keeping distance, I spent almost all of my free time in Spain at the pool with our makeup and hair stylist, Lou, and her daughter Lux. Lou was a little suspicious as to why Bear wasn't with us but I never gave her an answer. Being around Bear made me want to be around her less. We were both better off this way. Besides, Bear was spending time with Niall. It was like New York all over again. Except, instead of Taylor being there, I was alone.

My dad, Desmond, joined us for the last few days we were in Spain. That was the first time I had willingly spent time with Bear since an it felt odd. Not odd as in bad, but odd as in it was somewhat enjoyable? Bear seemed happy and acted as if nothing had happened. But I knew all too well that Bear was amazing at acting. The night before our stadium tour tickets were put on sale, me and my dad stayed up late talking in my room.

"Tell me more about Natalie. Your mother was the one to tell me you were dating. I could've guessed, the way you both are." My father gossiped as he flipped through the TV channels.

"Sorry Dad, it's just... Nothing. How are we like?" I asked, curious to know the answer. I had always wondered what mine and Bear's relationship looked like to others.

"You both joke around with each other but it's just playful. She looks at you with...so much love. It's kind of amazing to see, actually." My dad says with a smile and I feel happy all of the sudden. She still loved me. And a part of me still loved Natalie. I talked with him for about an hour after that but then he decided it was time I went to bed. The next morning, I was suddenly woken up from someone jumping on my bed.

"Morning sleepyhead! Tickets are going on sale in a half hour so get up!" Bear laughed as she jumped around me. I sat up and grabbed onto her legs while she was mid-air so that she fell down on top of me.

"Listen, Natalie. I just want to tell you some things... I love you and I'm still sorry." I said sincerely as I stared into Bear's eyes, looking for recognition.

"I love you too, Harry. It's in the past and we've only gotten better from it." She smiled before kissing me quickly. "Be down in the lobby soon!" She called over her shoulder as she rushed out of the room, probably to wake up one of my band mates.

I take a quick shower to wake up completely and meet up with everyone in the lobby. Several desktops are set up around the place and I seeing Bear rushing around to all of them, pressing a combination of keys. I walk over to her and grab onto her waist tightly before she can speed off again.

"What's the big hullabaloo?" I ask with a smile when Bear tries to break free.

"I'm trying connect all these servers so you can sell some shows. And you're preventing me from doing that." Bear says while struggling to get my hands off her.

"You're so cute." I laugh lightly before kissing her cheek lightly. I let her go and go and sit beside my dad. Once the tickets go on sale, I can hardly see Bear, she's moving so fast. Bear runs over with a piece of paper in her hands and calls over the rest of my bandmates.