Chapter 38

At the end of our show in Verona, Bear jumped straight into my arms even though I was sweating. That show gave me one of the best feelings ever and Bear being there just made it that much better. This show high was going to last awhile, I could already feel it. During the drive to Milan, my bandmates and I were all hyper, and Bear was right along with us. I think they might have missed her as much as I did. She was welcomed as though she never left, still kicking our asses at FIFA on the PS3 and cracking jokes like it was nobody's business.

Throughout our stay in Italy, we had two days off, one of which Bear spent with me. We hung out on the tour bus together, taking pictures of each other and having a great time between Bear's segments of work. With the two of us being alone, I wouldn't choose to do anything differently. The next free day we had though, Bear and I got into a bit of an argument. She wanted to just hang out again but I wanted to go exploring. I was the one who started the fight though.

I don't really know what compelled me to, but I started forcing Bear to come with me, pulling her off the couch by her arm and starting to drag her out of the bus. She was screaming, and I mean really screaming, for me to stop but something in my mind took over and I viewed it more as a game. She broke free of my grasp though and ran back towards her bunk, me hot on her trail.

"Come on Bear, let's go!" I yell loudly while grabbing onto Bear's ankle.

I started to pull her out but she was grabbing tightly to the walls of a bunk, still screaming for me to stop. I stopped grabbing her for a minute to see if I could find a better hold of her but she sat up in the bunk and hit me in the arm hard.

"Stop being such a dick! What's gotten into you?!" Bear growled through gritted teeth, anger clear on her face.

I really didn't know what had come over me and that was the scariest part.

"Stop being such an emo and let's go!" I yelled back at her and I took hold of her ankle again.

Before either of us could stop me, I pulled her leg very hard and she slid out of her bunk, her shrill scream and the thump of her head against the ground snapping me out of my trance.

"Nat...I..." I struggled to find words to say to her as her eyes started to water. She held the back of her head with one hand and the other held her ankle. I reached out my hand to offer some sort of help but she hit me away.

"Fuck off, Harry. Go fucking exploring. I'm going out too. But I certainly don't want your help." Bear said defensively through gritted teeth.

How could I just do that? And not do anything afterwards? She stood up and got back inside her bunk, sliding the curtain over so that we couldn't see each other anymore. And I just left. Without saying anything. What just happened? It was like I was messing around with one of the boys but I was angry over nothing. Maybe I just felt a certain ownership over Bear that wanted her with me at all times. But I somehow didn't want her when I just left.

Maybe this relationship wasn't working. Maybe Bear was right when she said we were better off... Now that the thing that came over me was gone, I sort of saw my feelings. There was no passion, no guilt. In fact I felt quite empty. But still, nothing compelled me to turn around.

*Natalie's POV*

What just happened? Harry just acted like a completely different person. There is a very thick line between joking around and hurting someone. And jumped right over it. He was acting more like Eric than the Harry that I loved. And all over something stupid. My head was throbbing and my ankle was swollen and bruised. He had hurt me. And he didn't even say sorry. He just left. Without a word.

A part of me wanted him to stay. To comfort me and say he was sorry and hold ice packs against me. And at the same time, I wanted to get as far away as possible. If he had nothing to say, neither did I. Brushing the tears off my cheek, I got out of the bunk and walked out of the bus, wanting to leave the place that surrounded me with images of what happened. I wanted to forget it all. Clear my mind of everything said and done. I just wanted to get back to loving Harry and everything being fine. But it wasn't so easy.