Chapter 11:

The next morning, we head over to the children’s hospital. Me and the other boys are divide into two groups- me and Liam & Louis, Zayn, and Niall. Our two groups are sent to separate parts of the hospital at different times so that we can film. Bear goes around with me and Liam, and she finds it difficult for herself to surrounded by it all. She remains compose though and has genuine conversations with some of the mothers. Part of me wishes that the cameraman would record Bear sometimes. She cared so much about everyone she met and she was just gorgeous.

After the hospital, we all meet back up and head back to the town we were at yesterday. As Louis, Zayn, and Niall head to the garbage dump, me and Liam are assigned to meeting people at the market. We find the group of kids from yesterday and they flock behind us as we walk through the market.

The kids find a certain liking to Bear, saying how pretty she is as she holds onto their hands. But still the cameraman keeps the lens locked on me and Liam. When we get back in the van to drive back to the hotel, Bear quickly fall asleep in her seat. I watch her as she sleeps and her breathing is still uneven.

When we get the hotel, I try to question her on it, but she avoids the question and slinks into her room. I fall asleep but I wake up soon from a nightmare about Bear. I was back in Kentucky with her and she had gone out with Eric again. But she hadn’t come back yet. I went out to find her and I found her dead behind this gas station. I woke up from the dream sweating, screaming, and crying. Without thinking twice, I run out of me room and knock loudly on Bear’s door.

“Bear, please open up. It’s Harry. Just please open up.” I say quickly through the door, rushing to brush my tears away. Unhealthy coughing answers me on the other side of the door and seconds later the door opens.

“Harry, what’s wro-” Bear yawns as she rubs her eyes but I interrupt her as I lunge forward to hold her in my arms. Thank god she’s okay. I know it was only a nightmare. But it seemed so real. I don’t know what I would've done if it was real..

“Harry? You’re squishing me.” Bear quietly says. I release her instantly and rush to wipe the tears from my eyes. “Harry? What the- Come inside will you.” Bear says worriedly while taking my hand in her’s. My heart flutters at the action as she leads me towards her bed. She tells me to lay down beside her and once we’re laying down, facing each other, Bear finally gets me to talk.

“So, what brings you here at 4AM, this Monday, January 14th?” Bear smiles kindly as she checks the date on her phone quickly. I tell her my nightmare and she listens to me, her eyes alert despite it being the middle of the night.

“I just had to make sure you were okay..” I finish as I rub my thumb across her cheek.

“Well, I’m just fine. But since you’re in an emotional state, you’re welcome to spend the rest of the night here.” Bear says simply as she reaches to turn off the bedside lamp.

As soon as the light flicks off, I grab Bear’s waist tightly and pull her right up to me. Our hot breath mingles as Bear runs her fingers into my hair. I run one of my hands down from her waist to her thigh where Bear stops my hand.

“Easy, Harry.” Bear whispered breathily as she entwined her fingers with mine that are on her thigh.

Her other hand moves to the back of my neck and she ducks her head down to place a soft kiss to my collarbone. She sends shivers down my spine. God, she’s so hot. And I want her. I lift myself over her and enjoy how she squirms to compliment my actions. She lays on her back beneath me and her hands dig through my curls. I bring my face down to her’s, close enough to exchange breath and look into each other’s eyes. I make sure to keep all my weight off of Bear, but I’m so close to her that I can hear her heart. Or is that me?

Before I can figure that mystery out, Bear gives me a cheeky smile and pushes me off of her. She follows seconds behind me, sitting on my stomach. She traces my tattoos with the tip of her finger, the light touch giving me goosebumps wherever she touches me. After a few minutes of the wonderful torture, I grab onto Bear’s wrists and pull her down onto me. Instead of fighting back, Bear simply lays her head against my chest and leaves the rest of her body mostly laying on top of me. Our bodies fit almost perfectly with each other.

In a few minutes though, Bear is fast asleep on top of me. In the silence, I hear just how irregular Bear’s breathing is. Her breaths sound very shallow and when she inhales, her chest barely moves at all. When she exhales, her chest drops quickly and shakes slightly. It makes me nervous but I try to push it to the back of my mind. As long as Bear would stay with me, she would be safe.