Chapter 7:

After dinner at my parent's house, Taylor insists that she gets a room at the small motel just down the street. I offer to take her but she calls a cab. Before she leaves, I give her a kiss on the cheek and she simply gives me a hug. When I join my mom and Robin in the living room, Dusty scampers over to me and I pick him up to put him in my lap as I take a seat in the chair next to the sofa my mom and Robin are on.

"So how's Bear?" my mom says quietly from the couch. I burst out into wild laughter before answering her.

"You too? She's amazing." I smile, trying to hide the blush that rises to my cheeks.

"I can't help it, Harry! She's just so sweet! As far as southern girls go, Bear beats Taylor in any rating. Sorry, not sorry." My mom smiles with a shadowed smile on Robin's face.

"Well I guess you'll be happy to know that things are ending with Taylor tomorrow. But the true deciding factor on Bear is Dusty's opinion." I smile while running a hand down the cat's black back.

"If he doesn't like her, I don't know who's cat that is!" Robin says simply.

Shortly after, I go out the back door to the bungalow, where I'll be sleeping tonight. Being in the bungalow reminds me of the week I spent here with my bandmates when we first got pit together as One Direction on X Factor in the summer of 2010. This is where I made 4 of my best friends, spending our days and nights messing around and hardly doing any singing. All alone, the bungalow is a lot quieter and I miss not having anyone to talk to. As I lay down in bed, I wonder what Bear's doing at her flat in London.

Is she lonely? Is she with somebody? Was her happiness just a mask? Is she thinking about me too? These questions bounce around in my head as I try to fall asleep.

I finally give up on my short bursts of sleep around 6 in the morning. It's not worth me trying, sleep obviously isn't my friend right now. I get changed and go back to the main house to see Robin in the kitchen.

"Why are you up Robin?" I ask groggily as I go over to the coffee machine to pour myself a cup.

"I could ask you the same question. Well, see I have this tiny little thing called a job that requires me to get up at 6:30AM on a Wednesday." Robin says sarcastically as he gathers his things.

"Robin. You're awesome." I smile as he leaves the kitchen.

"I know." Robin boasts as he opens the door.\

I hear it close behind him and shake my head with a laugh. If I could've picked anyone for my mom to get together with after my dad, I would've picked Robin. He was almost perfect for her and they both were happy. I'm thinking about myself finally getting in a happy relationship as I walk into the living room with my coffee. Dusty creeps up next to me and sleeps under my chin as I watch Doctor Who. I hear my phone ring and check the caller ID to see that it's Taylor so I answer quickly.

"Hey Taylor." I say with a smile that she can't see.

"Hey Harry.... We need to talk. Meet me at the airport?" Taylor says quietly.

"Uh, yeah. Of course. What's wrong?"

"We'll talk." Taylor says quickly before hanging up.

I sigh out a giant breath that I hadn't realized I'd been holding. Why did Taylor want to talk? Did she guess that I was going to break up with her? No matter what, I think that her wanting to talk will open help me, not hurt. My mom walks down the stairs then and she comes to sit next to me on the couch.

"Today's the day." My mom says in a quiet sing song voice as she lifts Dusty into her lap.

"It's been some time coming. She just called me to say that she wants to talk at the airport." I breath out grumpily as I lean my head back.