Chapter 15:

"MORNING BIRTHDAY BOY!!" I'm woken up suddenly by Bear jumping on my bed. She picks a pillow up from the bed and as I come to, she hits me repeatedly with it as she jumps.

"How did you get in here?" I laugh as I stand up on the bed and start to jump along with her.

"Nick's at the club planning your party but he called told me about the spare key you hide under your front mat." Bear smiles as she drops on the bed and stands up when she bounces back up. The people on the floor below me must be extremely pissed off with all the racket we're making.

"Damn Nick. What time is it anyways?" I yawn as I lay back down on the bed. Bear sits down on my stomach and my hands lay still on her thighs.

"Noonish. Your party's at 9 and I still have to get ready," Bear smiles as she traces my tattoos with tip of her finger. "You know, I still don't get why you decided to get a big ass butterfly tattooed on your ribs. I mean I get the whole joke thing- butterflies in your stomach- but you're so awkward, Harold." Bear says as she runs her hand lightly over the new tattoo and making me laugh, the sound constrained as Bear sits on top of me.

"Just leave it as a mystery. You know, you could stay with me and we could get ready together." I say as I pull Bear's elbows down and bring our faces close. She pushes away with her hands on my chest but a smile is on her face.

"Mm, better not. I just came to wake you up. Did you have fun with the boys last night?" Bear asks and her eyes sparkle in the sunlight that shines through the curtains.

"A little too much. Without security on our backs, I got back at 6 this morning." I smile remembering the night before- My bandmates and I had gone out into town to celebrate my 19th birthday. We had gone to several clubs and got to be just normal guys for the night.

"Well, I don't know what Nick's planned but be ready for a long night." Bear smiles as she gets off of me and starts to walk out of the bedroom. I walk after her and grab her by her hips and pull her back against me, suddenly aware that I'm just in my boxers.

"Is that a promise?" I whisper in her ear before kissing her cheek softly.

"It's friendly. We'll see how drunk you get." Bear smiles as she takes my hands off of her and continues to walk out my front door. I stand where she left me, too excited to do anything except think about tonight.

At the club, I find I'm the last to arrive. Nick told all the guests to be there at 8:30 and told Bear 9 so that would be the time she tol me. Bear isn't here yet though and as I sit with Nick at the bar, the guests come over to say hello. And then I see her.

Bear's hair is straightened and makeup is done dark, making her eyes shine. Her body looks amazing in a tight black dress with a low cut top that falls mid-thigh. She wears black high heels and her exposed skin has a few sparkles on it. My eyes are still wandering her body when she walks up to me, a smile adorning her face.

"Wow.." is all I manage to breath as I slide my hands up her arms and pull her closer to me as I sit on the bar stool.

"Hello to you too." Bear laughs lightly and she bends her head, her hair falling in front of her face. I reach up and slowly pull her hair behind her ear, our faces coming close and breath mingling.

"Dear lord, you two. Get a room!" Nick laugh as he pulls me and Bear away from each other.

"It's friendly." I smiled cheekily and Bear laughs.

"Ah, friends with benefits. That explains the sexual tension." Nick smiles while nodding his head slowly.

Bear shakes her head with another laugh and I pull her closer to me by her hip. I hold her thighs between my knees and we all hang out at the bar as people continue to greet me. Nick calls every drink on him and, being right next to the bar, I ask the bartender to try the same drink anyone orders.