Chapter 9:

When we finish eating, we go back to taking pictures. After getting some really great pictures of Bear, I suggest we go outside. Bear agrees but her camera's battery is dead so she leaves it inside to charge. Outside, Bear becomes my model. I instruct her to do several things as even if I didn't take pictures of her, she looks beautiful. We sit down in the grass together and Bear's puts her legs over mine as we look over the pictures I took. Despite all the compliments I give her, Bear is determined to criticize herself in every photo.

We lay back on the grass and Bear puts her head on my chest as we watch the stars and talk. When Bear gets too cold, I tell her to go back inside and we say our goodbyes before I start my walk back home. When I finally get in bed, I look through my pictures that I took tonight again. God, Natalie was beautiful.

The next morning I wake up with another group message from Bear. It's a picture of Bear's POV from laying down in her bed with her sketch book on her stomach and a message was sent afterwards-

I know what I'll be doing with my day :) See y'all tomorrow morning!

Zayn responded a few minutes later with a text and picture of his own. The picture was of his hand and holding Perrie's hand and Hatchi, their dog, looking up from his lap into the camera. His text was-

Spending the day with my loves ;)

Louis responded after him, continuing with the trend of picture and text following. His picture was of his hand holding a tea cup with Eleanor sitting in front of him, holding a fake duck that Louis had in his house. His text was-

Last day with my pretty girl <3 Ghana, here we come!

Liam and Niall haven't texted back yet so I decide to send my own picture and text. I turn my TV onto Doctor Who and take a picture of my feet still under my bed sheets as I watch the show. I send the picture and add the text-

There's no better day than a Doctor Who day :)

Bear responds a few minutes later of a picture of her playing Pokemon on her DS and the text-

Nerd. :p THIS is living

I can practically hear her speak sassily and see her cheeky smile.

Zayn texts again before I can-

Shut up, you're both nerds :)

I laugh at Zayn's text because it's true but I turn my attention to Doctor Who. And that's how I spend my day- In my boxers, in bed, and watching Doctor Who. I text Bear for the majority of the day and make sure I have everything I need packed. I go to the gym to exercise and burn off some energy in late afternoon. I tell Bear to meet me there, and she does, dressed in her black tank and shorts ensemble. When run on the treadmills side by side and I surprised when Bear can run faster than me for a longer amount of time. She sits on the ground next to me to catch her breath.

“Do you come here often?” I ask breathlessly, surprised at Bear’s athleticism. She turns her body towards me and her smile makes her eyes shine, despite her body glistening slightly with sweat.

“Figured I’d have to keep up with you. I grew up in the country- I can run miles at the drop of a hat. But, yeah I go to the gym. Why, are you surprised?” Bear smiles proudly, regaining her breath.

“Just a little. What, do you have a six pack or something?” I joke around. But Bear just gives me a sly smile. She looks around quickly only to see that there’s no what else in here.

“I’ve got a little of something.” Bear smiles quietly before lifting her shirt up slightly.

Despite the scars on her stomach, Bear is fit. Her flat stomach has a dented line down the center, the muscle prominent after being worked. There’s sign of a small six pack and her stomach shimmers with humidity. Bear pulls her shirt down quickly but just the quick sight of her takes my breath away. Bear smiles knowingly and she stands up without using her hands. She offers me her hand but I stand up on my own, not as cool as Bear did though.