Chapter 37:

"In the showers you go, the press conference is in an hour." Lou rushes us as soon as we get inside the locker room that is doubling as our dressing room.

I put Bear down and she gives me a quick kiss on the cheek before rushing to the other locker room. Me and my bandmates all claim a separate shower cubicle to wash off in and I'm the first to get out. Wrapping a towel around my hips, I walk out of the showers and see Bear talking to Lou, a towel identical to mine covering her.

"If you don't mind Lou, me and my boyfriend need to have a word." Bear says with a smile and Lou leaves after exchanging a smile between me and Bear.

When Lou leaves, I walk over to Bear and put my hands on her hips and she wraps her arms around me. I play with Bear's wet hair but she's frowning which is unusual.

"Why did you do that?" Bear asks quietly as her eyes meet mine.

I gave her a questioning look but her face was serious.

"You knew my play. I saw you start to run after me. But you stopped. You let me score. Why?"

"It was a great play-" I start to defend myself but Bear starts to pull away from me.

"It doesn't matter how good the play was, you had already seen it. You should stopped me. I wanted to win fairly." Bear protests with a small amount of anger in her voice.

I pulled her tightly up against me and kissed her forehead gently, silently asking for forgiveness.

"I'm sorry. You still would've won. So don't be upset. Let's just enjoy the fact that we're both naked underneath these towels." I saw cheekily and Bear punches my arm lightly.

"Your swallows are showing." Bear sweeps her fingers over my chest tattoo before kissing me quickly and leaving to go get dressed.

Lou comes back and she starts helping me and my bandmates get ready. About 10 minutes before we're supposed to head out to the conference, Bear comes in fully clothed. She's wearing my Ramones T Shirt along with blue jeans and converse, her hair pulled back in a small ponytail consisting of the top of her hair and her makeup it's usual black.

Bear's trademark bracelets adorn her wrists and she starts to help Lou with whatever she needs. Finishing up Niall's makeup and perfecting Zayn's quiff, Bear walks over to me when she finishes.

"You know, I really like seeing you wear my clothes." I say cheekily as pull Bear against me by her hips.

"And all this time I thought you'd prefer me without any clothes." Bear says racily, making me laugh.

"Well yeah, that too." I smile while biting my lip. Bear stands on her tiptoes to kiss my cheek and I lean down a bit to help her.

"Calm down Haz, it's time to go." Bear smiles but her tone is serious.

Natalie was back in her work mode but frisky Bear was fun while she lasted. Walking into the conference room, there was already so much press there. I sat between Niall and Louis and from where they were standing at the back of the room, I could see Bear talking again with the representatives from Modest.

Throughout the conference, Bear would give us little cues on when to hush up or expand on a topic further. She did this usually since it was her job but with her employers standing right behind her, she was a lot more harsh. After the conference, she met back up with us in the locker room. We had the rest of the afternoon to ourselves but we were flying to Verona, Italy tonight. Going to the nearest Starbucks, Bear told me about everything she'd done in Kentucky.

She had seen the switchblade I left on her dresser and after interrogating Kyle, she found out about how I beat up Eric. Although she didn't say how she felt about it, I received an extra kiss so I'm not pestering. I was soon telling her how the tour was going and how much we all couldn't wait to have her back. But while she was away, Bear had started herself in a full on health schedule. She was determined to stay alive. And I had such admiration for her.