Chapter 40:

~This chapter contains self harm: Continue if this subject matter does not bother you and do not read if it does~

*NATALIE’S POV*

Here it is. He's going to do it. The break I tried repairing since our fight. Harry is going to tear it down as though it was never there.

"What is it, Haz?" I ask as I close my laptop, standing up to look strong in front of Harry's hard green eyes.

"I really don't think that this is working out.., you and me." Harry mumbled as his eyes dropped to the ground along with my heart.

"Harry, I'm sorry for everything I did wrong. But I'm more than willing to make this work out. Whatever it takes, I'll do it-" I start to say quickly but Harry interrupts me, his expression unreadable.

"I don't think this can be fixed... I think we need a break, Natalie." Harry says seriously as he takes a step away from me but I take a step forward to balance his actions. This can't be happening to me.

"Harry... Harry, please. Don't do this. Please, stay with me. I know you remember what we had. We can have it again if you just give me a chance, please.." I beg quietly as my voice starts to crack, tears welling up into my eyes.

"It's over, Natalie. It's not you, it's m-" Harry starts to say but I'm infuriated.

"It is you." I growled as my anger suddenly doubled my sadness. "You think I wouldn't know what happened in Oslo?"

Harry's eyes grew wide at my statement, taking a step back.

"I was drunk and lonely and-"

"And you had to get your rocks off? Harry, you cheated on me." I accuse as the first tear drops onto my cheek.

"You don't know the entire story.."

"Do I really want to know it?"

"Natalie.. I think it's time for you to leave.."

"Okay. Okay. Okay. Okay..." I whispered tensely as I tried to make sense of everything that was happening.

Repeating the word for the sheer fact that it seemed to be keeping me sane, I went into the guest room to organize my bag. Harry remained frozen in the living room with his eyes trained on the ground. Without saying goodbye and only repeating "okay" to myself, I stumble out of the house and onto the sidewalk.

There's a motel up the street but it has no vacancy. The night is extremely cold and the wind sends cold raindrops in all directions. I'm lost, physically and mentally. Barely able to see past my tears, I manage to find my way to Gemma’s house. I had been here yesterday when Gemma asked me to come along with her to get a few items, but then I was in a much more stable place. Knocking on the door lightly, I rubbed my arms to give some warmth back to my body.

“Okay. Okay. Okay..”

Gemma opened the door quickly and when she saw me, her eyes widened. “Natalie? Is everything alright?”

“No.” I admit before my body wracked with a sob. I quickly put my hand over my mouth to stop any more cries from escaping me. Gemma pulled me inside the house quickly, pulling a warm blanket off the couch to put over my shoulders.

“What happened, deary? Why are you out on a night like this? Where’s Harry?” Gemma asked as she rubbed my back, unintentionally making me cry harder.

“It’s over Gemma. Harry broke up-” I tried to explain but I couldn’t get the words out. I cry hard again, covering my mouth with my hand in an attempt to mute myself.