Chapter 35.

THIRTY FIVE — Some Things Change, Some Don't

THIRTY FIVESome Things Change, Some Don't

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Stevie Nicks and Tom Petty's Stop Draggin My Heart Around played as Erica and Sylvie stood in the brunette's ensuite bathroom getting ready for the beach party at the country club. The brunette stood on one side of the vanity, applying her makeup, while the blonde stood on the other.

"Are Priscilla and Bobby coming?" Sylvie asked as she applied her eye shadow

Erica applied her blush, then replied, "No. Mom's going up to see uncle Tommy, while daddy has to work." she said as she placed her blush back in her makeup bag, then reached for her mascara. "Natalie and Will are coming, and I invited Connor." she added as she applied her mascara.

"I still can't believe he beat you at air hockey." Sylvie said as she applied her mascara. "He must be some kind of wonderful."

Erica chuckled as she zipped up her makeup bag, and touched up her hairspray. "It was just coincidence." she said as she walked into the bedroom and to her walk in closet to choose her dress.

For the beach club, she chose a petal pink mini dress with smocking and ruffle cuffs. It's a beautiful dress which once belonged to her grandmother Diana, and it's just so Erica.

She opted not to wear a necklace, as the dress speaks for itself. On her ears, are a pair of diamond teardrop earrings. She loves these because they're more dangly and not as ostentatious, as other teardrop earrings, and they were a gift from Priscilla, as they belonged to Diana. A simple pair of laser-cut white Manolo flats graced her feet.

Sylvie wore a beautiful mint dress, which was sleeveless, knee length and it had a small gold belt around the waist. She wore gold sandals to accentuate her outfit.

"You look great." Sylvie smiled

"Thank you." Erica smiled as she grabbed her purse and keys. "So do you."

After the two walked out of Erica's condo, and got into her mustang, the brunette drove to the country club, while Sylvie sat in the passenger seat. When they arrived at the country club, Erica parked her mustang, turned off the ignition and checked her makeup, the two best friends got out of the mustang and walked up to the entrance where both girls met their dates. "Hey Connor." the brunette smiled

Connor smiled brightly as he brought her in for an embrace. "Hey." he said as he pulled away from the embrace, and took his hand in her own.

"Hey Connor, I'm Sylvie Brett, Erica's best friend." the blonde smiled. "I'm the paramedic in charge at station 83, and I've seen you around at the hospital, and this is my friend, Tyler Anderson."

"It's a pleasure to meet you." Tyler said as he shook Connor's hand

"You as well." Connor smiled

・ ⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・