Chapter 37.

THIRTY SEVEN — The Look of Love

THIRTY SEVENThe Look of Love

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Erica stood in front of her bathroom mirror as she tied the tie on her simple, yet classy wrap dress in a bow.  Her makeup was kept natural, her hair was pulled back in a classy loose bun, and a simple pair of white Manolo flats graced her feet.

After putting on her favorite Kendra Scott necklace and a pair of dainty pearl earrings, which belonged to Diana, she grabbed her bag, and walked down the stairs to grab her cardigan from the coat rack.

As she placed her cardigan over her shoulders, the sound of the doorbell was heard. The brunette opened the door to Connor, and she smiled brightly at him. "Hi. Come on in."

As Connor walked into the foyer, he gave Erica the look of pure love and adoration. "Erica, you look beautiful, as always."

"Thank you." Erica smiled. "You look great as well. Are you ready?"

Connor smiled and nodded in reply as Erica placed her purse over her shoulder. In the parking lot of the condo complex, Connor led her to his car, where he opened the door for her. "Thank you." the brunette smiled

Once the beautiful brunette was situated in her seat, he gently closed the door. Connor got in the driver's seat with the both of them putting their seat belts on.

・ ⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・

The two arrived at a seafood restaurant that was on the boardwalk of the Santa Monica pier. Erica had been to plenty of the restaurants with Sylvie after many of their shopping sprees, but this is one they hadn't been to yet.

The pair walked inside, hand in-hand, and the host greeted them as she grabbed two menus. "Hi there. Welcome to The Strand House. Would you like to dine inside or outside this evening?"

"Outside?" Erica asked as she looked up at Connor. She didn't know if he wanted to dine inside or outside.

"Outside please." Connor said

"Right this way." The host said as he led them to their table. "Your server will be right with you, but until then, can I get you two started off with some drinks?"

"Ladies first." Connor said

"A glass of Chardonnay please." Erica smiled

"I'll have a budweiser please." Connor said

"Of course." the host said. "I'll be back with those drinks."

After their drinks were brought to their table by their waiter, the food was ordered and the two began to converse. "You know, I never asked why you love orange vanilla coke so much." Connor said as he sipped his beer

Erica chuckled then spoke. "It was just one of those things I discovered upon happenstance. It's been one of my favorite things ever since. I prefer it over regular coke."

"You are one interesting woman, Dr. Brown." Connor teased as he took a swig of his Budweiser

Setting her wine glass down, Erica pointed her finger at him and said, "You're flirting with me, Connor Rhodes."

"And you're pointing your finger at me, Erica Brown." Connor teased, and Erica chuckled

The waiter came back with their food, and it looked absolutely delicious. Erica was only able to eat half of hers. Connor however, finished his. Erica did however, drink the rest of her wine

When it was time to leave, Connor took care of the check, even though she offered to split, but he paid for the dinner, she left cash for the tip. After dinner was paid for, the couple left the restaurant.

"Hey, it's a beautiful night, you wanna go back to the lookout?" Erica asked

"Sure." Connor said

Connor interlaced his fingers with her's as he drove to the secluded area near Encino. When the the two arrived, they got out, hand-in-hand and Erica laid down on the ground and pulled out her phone and turned on her music on low, while Connor laid down beside her.

"I still can't believe how beautiful this place is." Connor said as he looked into her beautiful violet eyes. "I mean, we had nice places in Chicago, but nothing like this."

"Yeah, it's definitely a great place to be alone, especially if you've had a hectic work day." Erica said. "When I lost my first patient in residency, this is where I came to be alone."

Connor just stared into her beautiful violet eyes and the two gave each other the look of love, before she looked at the millions of stars above them.

Connor also looked at the millions of stars above them, then furrowing his brows of confusion, he asked, "What do you see up there?"

"I used to lay out under the stars when I was little, in the summertime." Erica said as she continued to look at the constellations above them.

Connor gave her a soft smile as he studied her beautiful and perfect features. The way the moonlight reflected in her violet eyes, how it shone on her porcelain skin. She was completely and utterly gorgeous.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire, doubt that the sun doth move, doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt I love." Erica smiled as she recited Shakespeare, and Kacey Musgraves' version of Can't Help Falling in Love began to play 

"You must love Shakespeare?" Connor asked

"Reading has always been a passion of mine." Erica smiled. "I used to get teased for it up until high school but I didn't care. My mom had the French version of Shakespeare's complete works, which belonged to her mother. She passed those books on to me." 

"Are you fluent in a foreign language?" Connor asked

Erica smiled and nodded in reply. "French, Italian, and Spanish. As you know, it helps being fluent in a foreign language when you're a doctor in the emergency room."

Connor just smiled fondly at her. His gaze found her lips for a split second before returning to her eyes. Their faces were millimeters apart, and Erica's beautiful violet blue eyes fluttered shut as he brushed his lips against hers. They pulled apart, and he rested his forehead against her's.

Take my hand, take my whole life too, for I can't help falling in love with you

"I've never met anyone like you. You are wonderful, Erica Brown." Connor smiled

"Thank you." Erica smiled. "So are you."

・ ⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・

Back at Erica's Beverly Hills condo, Connor walked her to the door, a bright smile on each of their faces. "Well." she smiled

"Well." Connor smiled

"Thank you for tonight." Erica smiled. "I enjoyed it."

"Should we make things official? But take it slow?" Connor asked

"I'd like that." Erica smiled.

Connor leaned in to kiss her one last time, and gently rested his forehead against her's. "Goodnight." he smiled

"Goodnight." Erica smiled as she walked inside and smiled as she closed the door behind her