Chapter 55.

FIFTY FIVE — The Committee Meeting

FIFTY FIVEThe Committee Meeting

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Erica and Connor arrived at the committee meeting, and took a seat next to Johnny, who sat in the same row as Daniel and his family.

"What are you doing here?" Daniel whispered to Johnny

"Fighting for the All Valley." Johnny stated. "What about you? You gonna read from your diary?"

Erica rolled her eyes and whispered, "Uncle Johnny."

"There's nothing wrong with being prepared." Daniel defended

"Yeah, and I don't need notes, I'll shoot from the hip." Johnny said

"This is going to be a disaster." Daniel said as the gravel banged.

"Ok, next we will hear appeals for the cancellation of the All-Valley Under-18 Karate Tournament. Who would like to speak first?" The councilwoman asked.

Erica and Connor gave Johnny a reassuring nod and he stood up, but Daniel had the same idea. The two men made their way down to the podium, when they were stopped by someone who got there first.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm retired Army Captain John Kreese." Kreese said.

"Thank you for your service." The councilwoman said.

Kreese smiled proudly then replied. "It was an honor to serve. And I continue to serve right here in our community, by teaching our children strength and discipline through karate. I was devastated to hear about the cancellation of the tournament because of the fight at the high school. Why are my students being penalized because of the violence perpetrated by...dojos like Miyagi-Do?"

Erica scoffed and rolled her eyes in annoyance. "You've gotta be fucking kidding me." she said, and Connor held her hands for reassurance.

"Now, wait just one minute," Daniel interjected, as he was ready to throttle Kreese.

"Mr. LaRusso, please, it's not your turn to speak." The councilwoman said

"I apologize Councilwoman Roberts. But this man—" Daniel started.

"Councilperson Roberts." Kreese corrected, cutting Daniel off

"Thank you, Captain Kreese. Please continue." The councilwoman said

"I think my colleagues here would agree that all we want is the best for our students and our community. Cobra Kai's goal is to prepare the Valley's youth for the unfortunate realities of the real world. It's hard out there. I'm simply just preparing them to defend themselves." Kreese stated, putting on a fake smile.