Chapter 58.

FIFTY EIGHT — In the Valley of Shadows

FIFTY EIGHTIn the Valley of Shadows

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The soft tune of Fleetwood Mac's Dreams played on a low volume as Erica sat at her desk, charting on her 6 am surgery. As she continued typing and humming along to the music, a knock was heard at the door. "Come in." the brunette said

Priscilla walked in with a cup of coffee cup and bagel in her hand and closed the door behind her. "Hey honey, Sharon said you've been going non stop since 6 am this morning. I thought you could use this."

Erica turned around in her chair and smiled at her mother. Standing up from the comfort of her chair, she took her reading glasses which she used for her charting off her face, and walked over to embrace her mother. "Thanks mom." she smiled graciously as she accepted the cup of coffee and bagel. "I thought you had clinical students today? Did they change the schedule?"

Priscilla sat down in the chair in front of her daughter's desk and answered, "No, we don't start back until next week. I'll have to check the schedule again, but I believe we're scheduled to do clinicals in a private practice setting."

"You think the students will like the clinic setting?" Erica asked as she tore a piece of her bagel off and ate it plain

"It all depends on the students; some prefer the fast pace of the emergency room, and some like the slow pace like a doctors office." Priscilla said. "Now, I'm not saying a private practice isn't fast pace, it most definitely has it's days. But enough of that, tell me what happened the other night."

Erica sighed as she leaned back in her chair, then ran a hand through her long brunette hair. "Well, uncle Johnny and Mr. LaRusso have to fight in a tournament, but instead of fighting each other, they're working together."

"Wait, they actually agreed to that, without killing each other?" Priscilla asked. "Just wait until I tell your father."

"I know, I couldn't believe it either mom, I was just as surprised as you were." Erica said as she threw her trash away.

"Anyway, I better get going, I just thought I would stop by and bring you a coffee. Don't work too hard okay? I love you." Priscilla smiled as she embraced her daughter

"I won't mom." Erica smiled as she returned her mother's embrace. "I love you too."

・ ⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・

As Erica walked down the hall to the emergency department, the alarm over the ambulance doors went off. "Dr. Choi, Dr. Brown, incoming, trauma 3." Maggie said, as the sliding glass doors opened

"61 year-old male, BP 140/90, fever 101. Called it in himself but could hardly breathe by the time we got there." Sylvie said as she and her team of paramedics brought the patient in on a gurney