Chapter 51.

FIFTY ONE — The Truth Comes Out

FIFTY ONEThe Truth Comes Out

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Sunday morning, Erica, Connor, Sylvie, Priscilla, as well as Freya and Elijah, and Rebecca and Marcel sat in the church at Sunday service to listen to Bobby's sermon.

"Forgive me father, for I have sinned." Bobby said then held up a Bible. "This...this is where most of us go when we think about forgiveness, true? But what about forgiveness in other forms? Forgiveness of others? And then...there's my personal favorite, forgiveness of thyself."

Erica smiled as she listened to her father's sermon. He has always had a way of speaking that made her feel at ease, even when she was a little girl and new exactly what to say. According to her mother, he was like that when they were children, and even in high school.

Connor reached over and grabbed her hand, and she glanced over and gave him a smile full of love and adoration, which he returned.

"This is probably our toughest battle, but listen, if God can forgive, so can you." Bobby said.

"Bullshit!"

Erica, her boyfriend, her mother, aunts and uncles, and best friend, turned to find Johnny walking into the church drunk. They turned to look at Bobby, while everybody else turned to see the blonde

"What about that time in Reno with those soccer moms at the Hyatt, while you and Priscilla partied hard, and back in the hotel room partied harder." Johnny slurred. "You two were so loud people called down to the front desk to complain."

Priscilla felt embarrassed, she and Bobby never told Erica about their partying days. "Did God forgive any of us and even you two for that?" Johnny slurred

Bobby glanced at Priscilla, then at his daughter, then back at Johnny. "Yes, even that. Forgiveness is the core of Christianity."

"Mom, what is he talking about?" Erica whispered

"It's nothing sweetheart." Priscilla whispered

"I wouldn't know that, not much of a churchgoer." Johnny said, slightly stumbling

"I'm sorry, apologies everyone." Bobby said. "My friend here is going through some tough times."

"Nothing I can't handle." Johnny said, as he leaned on a church pew for balance. He then turned to look at a blonde woman, giving her a flirtatious wink.

Erica looked at her parents and just rolled her eyes. She couldn't believe they never told her about their partying days. All the times she wanted to go out to a party with Sylvie, they would always tell her no, and it led to many arguments between her and her father, because she never understood why. Her boyfriend and best friend picked up on her demeanor.