All Yours

DRAUPADI

Everyone told me not to go around the palace now that there are a lot of guest. But feel restless about the Swayamvar I came out and started walking towards my brother's study hoping he is there reading some veda. As I enter the room I saw no one but a bird's wing is trapped in the window. I freed the bird and closed the window. I decided to go back to my chamber when I saw a man. The man from yesterday. He wears a unique gold earing, his chest looked like its made of gold. I think it will be warm to touch. He is not wearing his crown or armors but I feel like he is a great warrior.

I think I stared at him so intensely I didn't notice a man comes in. 
"Mitra, What happen?" Asked the man who came in. I have seen him before, I have seen him in the portraits. "Nothing Mitra, Can you wait a moment?" The man from yesterday ask his friend ,maybe so that people won't find us alone. "Sure" the friend says and stand 2 feet away. Duryodhan, the friend is Duryodhan, I have seen his portrait few days ago.

"Is your wedding date  fix?" His voice is deep. My face starts feeling hot. Then this man must be Karna. The great archer. I have only heard about him. My family didn't showed me his portrait. But I think its fine, A portrait can't do justice to him. He looks as beautiful and graceful as time.  He stares at me wanting to know an answer. I gather all my courage to answer. "Yes, won't you come?"

"I 'll try to come. If I can be of any help, please let me know. Even if you want to run away." Karna says. Duryodhan looks at Karna and turns away.

My heart beat loudly, I thought he must have heard. And the words slips out of my mouth.
"If you win the swayamvar I won't need to run away." I realised what I said. Blood rush to my already red face. I look at Duryodhan who is looking at me, he obviously heard. And Karna just stand there as if my bold reply shocked him. A wave of embarrassment washes over me and I walk out of the room fast.

KARNA

How could I be so blind? Of course she is Draupadi. All the poem that was written about Draupadi fits her. The dusky beauty with a bewitching smile, and eyes so expressive it will talk with our soul. The girl whose frame will keep you dreaming and her scent will keep you hooked.

"Mitra, do you two know each other?" Duryodhan must be confused. I look at him and say. "I didn't know Mitra, that she is Draupadi. I saw her yesterday and thought must be some other princess. I don't know how blindsided I was. I thought she was getting married to someone against her will."

"She seems to know you. she seems to be wishing for you to come." Duryodhan says coming out of the room.
"I don't think so. Will she really wants to marry a Sutputra? while all of the greatest  kings have come for her hand." I speak my mind because I know my friend will understand.

Duryodhan stops walking and says putting his hand over my shoulder. "No one cares about that, Mitra Karn." He shakes me a little and continues. "Only you think like that. Participate in her swayamvar and win her hand. If not you, I don't think anyone can win either. And by the way she looks at you, it would be a sin to win her hand by someone else."

"And don't think much about things. I only wanted an alliance. I don't want to break up my friend and his lover for just alliance." Duryodhan added as we join other people, I couldn't say anything.