My Climax, My Life

KARNA

"Panchali?" I look up at Yudhisthir's voice. Draupadi stand at the entrance of the tent with Durodhaan. She looks around until her eyes finds me. I was sitting in a corner as they apply herbs on my wound. I wish she wouldn't see me like this. I try to turn my back on her so she wouldn't notice the scrapped off flesh on my chest but fails. She gasp looking at it as she comes closer to me. She sits down next to me, checking my wounds carefully. She took the bowl of herbs and medicine from the servant. Everyone leaves the chamber at the sight but she still stares at my wound, applying the medicine slowly. It stings but it was worthy to have her apply it on me.

"It must hurt a lot." Her voice trembles.

"It does." I try to smile.
She throws me a sharp look, sharper than Arjun's arow and slap my thighs. "Ouch!" I shout in pain but I force a smile so she wouldn't think anything hurts me. I wish to hug her but my chest is bleeding. "Your ear seems to be bleeding too. What happened, Arya?" she ask.

I cannot tell her the whole truth, things got heated up between me and Arjun. We decided to battle to settle the matter. Indradev pointed out that I have my kawach and the earing to protect me and I foolishly removed it, he was just trying to protect his son but I shouldn't have listen to him. Instead of being responsible, I accepted Arjun's challenge. We battled for hours, just the two of us. No one could stop us until Vasudev Krishna pointed out the fact that no matter who lose and dies, the one who won will also die with regret. Yudhisthir cried looking at us and that was the moment I realise I should take care of my brothers.

"Men are like this, Panchali. You need not worry. It won't happen again." I assure her. She doesn't ask further question. She just simply applies the herbs on my chest, her lips pouting. I can tell she is angry at me because I am hurt. Woman. I pinch her check and she turns away. "Panchali?" I call her but she doesn't answer, she won't even look at me in the eyes. "You can't just ignore your husband like that." I say but she continues to ignore. I slid my hand from the side under her odhini and pinch her waist. "Ah!" She slaps my hand.
"Sorry." I don't know what I am apologizing for but it seems right. I continue to pinch her waist to get a reaction out of her.

"Bhratashree!" Yudhisthir calls out from outside. I pulled my hand away and asked him to enter.

He enters with Bheem, "Panchali, Arjun is also injured, can you ask him how he is doing?"

She stands up, "Of course, my mind just went blank for sometime."

"It will be better if he hears it from you about your decision. He is having it hard to accept." Yudhisthir adds. "Bhratashree, now that we have done all the necessities, let's go back and do your coronation. Your Kingdom waits for it's King."

DRAUPADI

We didn't have to say anything to anyone, everyone knew. Arjun also knew but I guess it's just hard for him to accept. I enter the the tent I find Arjun with Shahdev and Nakul. They tries to apply the herbs on his wounds but he refuses.

"It must hurt." I stand in front of him. He silently sits, clenching his jaws. Shahdev and Nakul hands me the bowl and leaves.

I sat down next to him and take his arm. It has a deep wound. "You need to cure this, Arya. Don't be like this anymore."

"Why are you here, Panchali? It hurts me more to see you." He says.

"I did wait for you. I kept everything aside and waited for you. But I think everything happened for a reason. Let's stay peacefully now." I apply the medicine.

He looks at me with a strong gaze I could feel even if I don't look up at him. "Bhratashree will hate to see you like this with me."

"Why would he? I am still your wife too." I try calm him down.