A Dream Future

KARNA

I walk with Duryodhan as we laugh and he punch my shoulder, still teasing about yesterday. Mama Sakunee, Dusassan, and Aswathama walks in front of us. We haven't told anyone about yesterday but he keeps mentioning her.  We walk towards the Mahadev temple, the princess kept a fest there for the sages so we thought we will take ashirvad from them. Today I don't feel uncomfortable wearing my crown. In fact, I like it. As we walk we see many people, lots of royals too. Mama Sakunee started talking to some.

But I see only one person, a person who makes my heart sink. This is the first time I am seeing her in her royal clothes. How could I not realise who she is. The first two times I saw her, she looked like Apsara trying to hide among humans. But today when I see her, I thought 'this must be how a Goddess look like'.

She seems to notice me, she looks at me and turn away fast. She seems to be moving, slowly. Her mahendi colour blouse and yellow ordni complementing her blushing cheeks and red lips. She seems to be walking, keeping her head slightly down, brushing off the hair that falls on her face, her beautiful face. her hair is in braids unlike before. the long and thick chain bouncing on her chest. Holding up her lahenga a little that's touching the ground. WAIT! She IS moving!! And she's walking up to me! Suddenly Aswathama goes up to her and ask, "How are you dear sister?" And stand by her side, facing me and Duryodhan.

"I am fine Bhratashree." Draupadi answers as she fold her hands together, her finger tip red, like her nails. "Why didn't you come earlier?"

"If I had known whom your varmala was waiting for, I would have brought them sooner." Aswathama replies keeping his hand on Draupadi's shoulder and looks at her.

I feel a gulp going down my throat. "I don't know him." Draupadi says a little defensively and looks at me. Her cheeks red as her lips now.  "Why do you think I was talking about him?" Aswathama asks her as he laughs.  "Huh!" Draupadi looks at Aswathama then at me and walks away fast. My gaze following her, the sound of her payal ringing in my ear. 

Duryodhan and Aswathama laughs as I find myself blushing trying to hide my smile.
Aswathama walks away saying, "Well I guess Anga Raj Karna better start treating me as an older." 
"Did you tell him?" I ask Duryodhan. He replies, "I didn't have too. You two are not good at hiding."

"Duryodhan, Mitra I feel something in my heart but I am not worried." I tell him touching my chest. "It's call happiness. You will feel it often is you are not so strict to yourself." He replies patting my hand over my chest.

DRAUPADI

I lay down on my bed, laughing as I cover my face with a pillow. I heard great praises for Arjun and there I got to know about Karna. Whenever I hear the stories I feel like there is so much more to AngaRaj Karna than a charioteer's son who now is a king and Arjun's rival. I have heard my father saying he can't life the bow but yesterday when I saw him, I hope he would lift the bow. I heard is Arjun's whole family died but I don't know the details. My father was worried that no one will be able to lift it but Krishna said that there are more people who can lift the bow and the Devtas gave it for a reason.

'What would he be like as a husband?' I wonder myself. 
I have tried to picture myself as the wife of all the kings whose portrait they showed me. Even with Arjun whose portrait my family show me most. But I never fit good in any. Against my own will, I start imaging my life with him. I feel embarrassed doing so even if I am alone. But God! we look so good together.