Unexpected Guests

KARNA

It was destiny. It was destiny that I went to Panchal accompanying my friend, that I felt like something in that place was pulling me in. It was destiny that I saw her crying in the garden. Destiny that everywhere I go I see her. Sure, I am not thrilled that my brothers are not happy with my marriage but we are each others' one chance at happiness. I am going to turn a blind eye to the sorrow of others this one time.

Its actually funny. Even though I know she loves me back I still want to woo her. I still want to do things that will make her fall for me all over again like the way I do every time I think about her. My masculinity I once took pride of succumbs at the sight of her but ironically I can fight the whole world for her.

No one outside family is invited for the marriage as it was fixed all of a sudden, I thought it will take at least a year. It is unlikely that her family in Panchal will reach in time but we are given a specific time by Rishivar Vyas so postponing is not possible. Neither will Hastinapur reach in time. But its for the better. I am already nervous as it is. I was not this nervous when I challenged Arjun in front of the entire Hastinapur. I just hope Draupadi is fine with it, she might want her family here.

"Bhratashree, please come with me for a moment." Nakul barged in my room. He smiles but looks urgent.

"Why? What is happening?" I question and follow his lead hurriedly to the entrance of the palace. I see Aswathama first, hugging Duryodhaan but my eyes fall fast to the figures standing very timidly. I went straight to Maa Radha and hugged her. I hugged her tight. Everything will be fine now because my mother is here. No can can hurt me here because my parents are here. I never forgot them but I got occupied. I have been away from them many times before but this time was different. I hug my father also. My father still stands confuse.

"You look so thin. You didn't eat properly I know." Maa looks at me, touches my arms to see if I have lost my muscles. 

Rajmata Kunti and my brothers comes forward to welcome them. They fold their hands but doesn't say anything for a moment. 

"Please come in, mata. It's your son's palace." Yudhisthir says. Maa looks at me then quickly folds her hand. 

"Please forgive me Maharaj, Rajmata Kunti. It's been months since I last saw my son.." Maa doesn't finish her sentence. She must have heard about my birth mother.

"I am your son. Why are you hesitating?" I knew she will be like this. 

She doesn't say anything but her eyes becomes watery. 

"Sakhi, welcome your in-laws." I was so thrilled to see my parents I didn't see Vasudev Krishna.

Draupadi shyly touches my parents feet, I feel proud. She's going to be your daughter-in-law, maa. But my mother steps back. "Don't do this, Maharani." She says.

"She will be your daughter-in-law soon." Krishna explained everything to my parents who stood there like a statue. "Let's go inside. We will talk properly." He says. I feel relax, if Vasudev convinces I know they will understand everything. 

Duryodhaan asks Krishna something I was also wondering, "But how did you know about the wedding? It was decided just 4 days ago?"

"I keep my spy everywhere." He smiles. We went inside the palace but my parents are still uncomfortable.

"We will go back soon after your marriage, son." My father says. "You spend time with your family." His words hurts me but I know they are just saying what seems right, they won't be comfortable here. "Please stay if you can. But if you can't I will understand and come to you soon. I couldn't come because Yudhisthir and Duryodhaan refused to take the throne. I really wanted to but we needed to stay together to see what to do next." I tell them.

"It's fine my dear. You rule the entire world and we will support you always but this palace is not for us. We need to go back." Maa tells me stroking my hair.

Rajmata Kunti who is silent ever since we came inside speaks up. "Even I will go back to Hastinapur. This is not my place. My place is where my husband was from. Let's go back together after the wedding."

"But matashree, what about the coronation of bhratashree?" Yudhidthir asks.

"Son, I have done my part. Now I will go back to Hastinapur and do my penance. I have no right to tell Karna what to do or not, I can simply request him to accept us. You all should discuss that, and for the throne for Hastinapur, you cannot simply listen to Duryodhaan's word. Tatshree, Jyesth, Guru Dron, Kul Guru Kripachariya and Jiji also have a right there. Discuss properly after solving the issues here. I have made mistakes, unforgivable mistakes. I won't interfere in the matter of kingdom anymore but if Putra Karna accepts our request than I surely will come for the coronation." Rajmata Kunti weeps. 

"Let's not talk about this now. Let's talk about happy things." Duryodhaan says. "Radha maa, you guys must be tired. Rest for sometime. You can catch up with your son at night." 

Me, Duryodhaan and Aswathama sits in my new chamber. Duryodhaan fills in the details to Aswathama. 

"So, you have been hitting on my married sister all this time?" Aswathama asks me, I can't figure out his emotion from his voice.

"You know it's not that, mitra." I say.

"Mitra? Where is you respect? I don't approve this marriage."

"Try saying that to your sister, she will kill you." Duryodhaan laughs. She will.

"I am older. don't forget that." He says. "You guys must really have strong fellings huh?"

I smile knowing he is also happy at our union.

"I am having a second thought looking at that smile of yours." He says. "I will tell her about all the 'lovers' you had. All the girls you had fun with."

"Please do. She will choose someone else." Duryodhaan adds up my fear.

"I will ruin your marriage." I tell Duryodhaan. "And I will make sure you never get married ever. I will chop off your thing." I threaten both of them.

Aswathama shakes his head, "You see, any other guy won't dare talk to me like that knowing I am like a brother to Draupadi. You are underestimating my influence on her."

I get scared at his word for a moment but then they both laughs. It's not going to be easy. They are going to tease me to death today.

!!!

Guys please drop your votes and comments. Please motivate me to write more.