Mother's Feelings

DRAUPADI

Most who came to attend the ceremony left. Some were happy it wasn't successful, some were sad. My husbands, family and closed ones didn't talk anything regarding the ceremony, they are just outside my room, waiting me to come out. Krishna and my in-laws convinced my father to not take me and he agreed, I am not talking to him either. I wish my brother and sisters were here, they would have taken my side. 

The door of my room I closed with my anger and disappointment, which failed Vrikodar Bheem's strength, starts opening with just a breeze. I hear slow footsteps and recognise whose it is. 

"Sakhi, it's time you come out." Krishna tells me. 
"I don't want to see anyone." I say. "I want to go back to Kampiliya or I'll go to a forest."

"Sakhi, your anger is reasonable. But don't ruin your future because of who stood up for your and who didn't." Krishna sits down besides me.

"I will tell you something, Sakhi. Don't ask anything just listen carefully. You remember I told you about possible outcomes where my heart breaks with yours?" He ask. I nod.

"Here's the thing. I love my cousins, I wanted the ceremony to be a success but the chances of avoiding that future would have been harder. I also wish Shishupal had not said those things. I wish your husbands stood up for you and always protect you. But if the ceremony were to be successful, then you would have become the Samryagini or Aryavrat. The empress. And no one would dare say a thing about you. Unless your husbands loss everything. They will be tied down by what they believe to be Dhaarma. Following rules and waiting for order." 

I stare at him in confusion. "Will they loss everything, Govind? Will anything happen to them?"

"I told you not to ask. Because I don't want that to happen and I will try to prevent it. But it's not in my hand. If people doesn't change their ways, then what can I do? I can just nudge them, not force. But one thing you must know is I am your well wisher. For all of you."

He show me his finger, the one I wrapped around with a piece of my saree to stop the bleeding. "I will try my best to stay indebted to you for this saree. Because if I had to repay, then there will be losses of lakhs of lives, blood will kill blood and you will be living waiting for end. I am not doing this just for you, my cousins or Kuruvansh only. I am doing this so that I can save the souls Bhramha created with so much love, and was meant to stay in harmony. You Sakhi, you just have to play your part. Don't abandon this family. Your future, you life is meant to be here."

I never argue with Govind. He only tells truth. And I try to not think too much because no one can understand him but if says so, it must be it.
"What about my life as a wife? Will I stay like this forever?"

He laughs, "Discuss that with your husbands, they will be angry if I start taking that decision too. You take your time and decide carefully. Don't rush. Now let's go out. Everyone is waiting. I have to back too and before that I need to have a talk with some more people. Bua Kunti also has a mission motherhood today, and she needs me." 

'Is she going to tell Karna about his birth?' I think to myself.

When I come out of the room, my chamber looks different. There was always a lot of vases in the rooms but today there are flowers too. It used to echo with my voice and steps only, but its noisy today. Everyone is here. But no one says a word the moment they see me. I suddenly feel embarrass. 

"Bhabhishree, I decided to stay back and enjoy this marvelous palace of yours, I can right?" Duryodhaan says. 

"Of course you can. Stay as long as you want." Yudhisthir says.

"I was asking the owner." Duryodhaan reply.
"Yes, its right to ask Draupadi. She is the owner after all, you 5 are here to protection of the people and her." Matashree says.