Chapter 52. Some things are made to last forever.

The days between Christmas and New Years became a blur for Sebastian.
He quickly discovered that Mafalda enjoyed having the entire house up at dawn, not only because of presents but just... because.

The girl made a point of ordering everyone to wake up so they could promptly have breakfast downstairs and spend the entire day playing games with her, which included Gobstones and Wizards Chess, among other things.

Mrs. Weasley was also making sure everyone had food in hand at any given time, so Sebastian had started to go running every evening, if only because he needed to keep in shape for the upcoming Quidditch season. Everleigh, Garreth and Lancelot had thought it was a great idea to join him, but all of them had given up one kilometer in.

Sometimes he used the excuse of going for a run just to get Everleigh away from everyone. Sebastian enjoyed whispering lewd comments to her, but he'd be damned if he dared lift a finger to do something to her while under the Weasley's roof.
So he used the little time they had alone to kiss her until her mouth was raw and swollen, sitting under an ancient tree past the hill as they watched the sunset.

By the third day, everyone was profoundly bored out of their mind, so Mr. Weasley suggested they play Quidditch in the orchard, with the old brooms they kept in their closet.

It was impossible to determine who should play where so they decided to make it boys against girls.

Sebastian and Everleigh played as Seekers, Anne and Garreth as Chasers and Mafalda and Lancelot as Keepers.

— Grayson! — Sebastian shouted at the girl from across the field, when he noticed how she had grabbed the tattered Quaffle from Garreth to throw it at Anne. — Don't think I'm not seeing how blatantly you are cheating.

She flew past him and all he heard in response was a little giggle that forced him to bite his smile.

— It's not against the rules to help my team!

— Oh, so this is how you want to do this, then.

He forgot about the Snitch he was supposed to be catching and glided through the orchard behind her. By the time she realized he was following her, Sebastian had already taken a grip of her broomstick to slow her down, making her squeal in response. The high pitch sound just made him laugh as they came into a halt mid air, close enough to the ground that he could feel the grass grazing his boots.

— What is the matter with you!? — Everleigh attempted to slap his hand away, but Sebastian jerked the stick towards him until they were side by side. — You can't do that! We are winning fair and square!

As far as Sebastian was counting, they were, but only because Garreth was taking it easy when launching the Quaffle through the little goalpost that Mafalda was guarding. The red haired boy flew over them on that moment after retrieving the ball, followed closely behind by Anne.

— Do not let her go! — The Garreth said, glancing down at Sebastian, who still had Everleigh's broom hostage. — Not until I score a couple more times!

— Wasn't planning on it.

Sebastian mumbled in amusement, enveloping the girl's waist, while she kept trashing and complaining.

— Sallow, let me go! I will curse you!

— I wouldn't be surprised if you do. You have been ignoring all the rules since the beginning of the game.

He managed to connect both their broomsticks with a loud thump, and her body slammed into him. Sebastian took advantage of it, getting a tighter hold of her jumper while cheering for Garreth after he made his shot. From the opposite goalpost, Lancelot threw his arms in the air and chanted the boys win.