Old friends

"Mom, are you sure that you really want to go there?"

"Yeah, I mean, I assigned you to this mission but you're still pregnant."

"Just make sure that your dad doesn't find out, ok?"

"And make sure that you get home before he comes home."

I simply smile to Ava's statement. I guess my babies really are growing.

"Are you ready to go Agent Empath?" Handler asked and I just nod as her expression changes. "Anya, please be careful in Gotham. Ok?"

"Don't worry, auntie Sylvia. I will be back in one piece." I said with a smile then turns to the operator. "I'm ready to migrate."

With just one pull, a visible light then appeared in front of me. The machine swallowed me in with its tiny particles to migrate me to the place that activated.

As I was traveling, I look to my right only to see the past to my right is the future, behind me is the place where I came from and in front of me will be the place I am going to be.

Once I have successfully migrated to the city I want to be, I wasn't really sure what part of Gotham I am, right now. 

I went out to an old payphone to an abandon alley. I look around around only to see a girl being fucked by a man so I immediately walk away before I get myself in trouble. 

I clearly forgot that it's night time in Gotham so I better find a fancy hotel to stay in.

"Hey, beautiful." A creepy man suddenly approach me but I didn't mind him. "You new here?"

I glance at him with a little glare. "Yeah."

"Well, I have a car over parked over there." He pointing at his car making me look over. "If you want, I can give you a ride."

"No thank you." I said as I was hiding my almost noticeable belly. "I'm good."

"I'm sorry."

"I beg you pardon?"

"I'm sorry for your baby and to you. Your husband must have been a jerk."

"Uh, no. I'm going home to my husband right now."

"Oh." He said. 

If my memory is right, he is Salvatore Maroni, the Boss, or also known as The Penguin. He is an infamous former drug lord in Gotham City who was arrested and jailed as part of a conspiracy to allow rivaling crime lord Carmine Falcone, Selina Kyle's biological father, to rise in power.

Well, I heard that he's a big man, never thought he's this big. At least, he's got looks. Big man but attractive.

"By the way, I never got the chance to introduce myself to you." He started. "My name is Maroni. Salvatore Maroni."

"Yeah, nice to meet you."

"And you are?"

"Taxi!" I called as soon as I saw a taxi.

"Taxi? That's a-"

I didn't let him finish his sentence when I went in the taxi. I never really want to talk to anyone. 

"Where to, ma'am?"

"To the Gotham's finest hotel, please."

"Sure thing!"

Why am I here and what about Damian you asked? Well, I simply took advantage the fact he's in California for business and I am going to back home as soon as possible.

______________________________________

I'm already in the hotel room I checked in, due to my belly I got a huge discount, 65%.