Chapter 9: A Princess in the dark

Unedited..

Mihir held Madhav in his arms and patted his cheek with tears rolling down his eyes...

Jay and Anu freed themselves from the soldiers, and ran to them...

They tried to wake Madhu up...

Sanya looked up in immense pain, she could see them with her blurry vision...

She tried to stand, but Krish held her properly, taking her in his arms, to the paramedics...

She was losing blood heavily...

Another team of paramedics came to the boys, and tried to take Madhav...

Mihir cried holding him in his arms, but reluctantly let go, his senses told him Madhav needed them more..

Jay was handling a crying Anu, while tears rolled down his own eyes...

The paramedics took Madhav into the ambulance...there were many of them, as so many people had been injured..

As Mihir looked around, his eyes hardened in angry tears..what did those terrorists get from this..as a person who had seen so much of this, it still infuriated him just like it did in the first time..

Mihir snapped out as he heard a little girl's sobbing...she was scared..an officer was trying to take her out of the tent, but she was shaking her head vigorously...Mihir went in, not able to resist..Madhav's condition scared him, but there were things he could never ignore..

Jay stopped him and turned him to the ambulance:"You're very injured Mihir, pls chal.."

Mihir looked at him and then around, and found Anu leaving with Madhav..he held Jay's arms:"Pls Bhaiya, I'm fine, you go with them..main officers ke saath as jaunga..I need to be here.."

Jay tried to stop him, but Mihir left in hurry..there would be so much else happening as a consequence..he felt he should be here..and he knew Madhav would fight back, he had to..God couldn't be so cruel to him..

Jay understood his duty, sighed sadly, and went beside Anu..the ambulances started leaving..

The officer looked up troubled, Mihir gestured him to go, the officer was injured in his arm..the girl must be getting scared of the blood...he left with the paramedics, to get himself treated immediately..

Mihir took out a handkerchief and wiped the blood that might have come on his front forehead..

He smiled at the little one as he crouched down..she was merely 4..

She crawled back, Mihir raised his hands and spoke:"Aapko chot lagi hai na? Dekho, aapke knee mein germs aa gye toh? Head bhi dukh Raha hai na? AA jao beta, plss"

The girl looked at her knee, it was bleeding...she started crying silently..it was paining..and her Dadu was also missing..her hands were covered in her own blood from head..she was crying in pain and fear..

Mihir:"Kya hua beta, mujhse daro mat..main aapko harm nahi karunga..pls bahar aa jao, use theek karna padega na.."

Girl sobbed:"Dadu...boom... Dadu Kahan Hain?"

She cupped her ears as the blast sound rang in her ears again, she had been with her Dadu in the corridor, when the blast happened, they were running behind the other officers, the ones behind them had to go back to get more people out...she had reached the end, but then she saw back, only to see her Dadu fallen down..he tried to get up, but the blast happened..the little one was thrown to the opposite end..

Mihir went inside the little space, and bent beside her:"Dadu ko dekhna hai toh princess ko theek toh hona padega na?"

She sniffed and nodded slowly, Mihir forwarded his hand:"Toh pls chalo hospital? Hmm?"