Chapter 16: Mishti's parents

Madhav's eyes widened in realisation, he quickly nodded..

He was about to stand up in happiness, when he saw Mihir..

Mihir found him seeing himself, and quickly put up a smile..

Madhav felt sad and sat down:"But you love her Dada..."

Mihir nodded and cut him off:"Haan toh chachu bhi toh pyaar karte hi hain.."

Madhav shook his head:"But she thinks Jay bhaiya is her chachu.."

Mihir:"She's just 4 Kanha, use nahi pata...uske liye uske asli mom dad toh is duniya mein nahi, and sadly she knows slightly that she's getting adopted..."

Madhav nodded:"Are you ok with it?"

Mihir:"I suggested it"

Madhav added:"Half heartedly.."

Mihir shook his head and was about to speak, when they heard Meera's voice..

Meera:"Kya baatein chal Rahi hai?"

The boys smiled for her:"Kuch nahi.."

She ruffled their hair and kissed both of their foreheads....

Meera:"Sone jao dono...sab so gaye hai, sirf tum dono ghosts ki tarah jaag rahe ho.."

The boys sighed..

Madhav didn't want to go, but Mihir stood up..he pecked Meera's forehead and bid her and Madhav good bye, swiftly scurrying away..

Madhav glared at his retreating figure, and stood up, having no option..

He too gave her a forehead kiss and went to sleep..

Meera filled the water jug and went back to her room..

...

The next day, as Mahi got Mishu ready for school, they heard Madhav coming in the room..

Mihir had called him to tell him that Mishti's class teacher was calling Mihir, as he had given his name for guardian..

They wanted to meet and tell them about the registration form of fancy dress, there was some problem....

Madhav told them everything..

Mahi looked at her husband, who nodded and called in the hospital, they needed some time..Mishti was their priority..

..

Mihir asked for a small break, and promised to finish and even do extra at night..the instructor nodded and let him go...he rode his bike to the school..

The teacher smiled as she saw Jay, Mahi and Madhav coming to her with Mishti in Madhav's arms..

Mihir soon rushed in too..

She knew the girl was pampered..

She came straight to the point:"I know Mishika is just 4, but the generation has evolved and so we are inviting this change...we had asked the students to come to us, and help us fill their registration forms, which would teach them about such forms and also help them learn these details...I asked Mishika at my table, about her parents' names...she gave me these names, and I didn't realise this that time..but I remember Mr. Mihir telling me about their unfortunate death.."

Madhav hugged Mishti, who didn't respond, she kept looking down..

Mihir sat beside him and patted Mishti's head..

The teacher continued:"I need names and contact numbers of the guardian..for emergency and school purposes..Mr. Mihir hadn't confirmed if he wanted his name on Mishika's official forms and documents, he had just given his number at the admission.."