Chapter 19: Family time

Mihir looked around the living room, everyone had mixed reactions..

Meera was scared, tears shining in her eyes..

Madhav was sitting perplexed, he had stiffened at the mere thought..his Dada was leaving for danger again..

Mihir looked at Jay, he was handling a tearful Anu..

Mahi was holding Mishu close to her heart, who was looking around confused..

She understood her prince was going, but didn't know the reason...

Mihir sighed and coughed to get their attention..

Madhav came out of his thoughts and stood up, he turned to his room..

Mihir understood and called out immediately:"No Kanha, wait.."

Madhav looked at him sadly, he was upset Mihir wouldn't be there for his birthday...this was his birthday where Mihir could actually be there...but now..his thoughts were broken as Mihir hugged him..

Mihir:"I'm here till 7 days, Tera birthday toh manake hi jaunga.."

Madhav hugged him back with tears.. he was so scared..

He put his head on Mihir's shoulder and spoke:"Pls don't go, I'm scared...jab bhi jaate ho, injured hoke aate ho..I can't let you go.."

Mihir patted his back while looking at his mother sadly..
She too was crying silently..

Mihir spoke to Madhav:"Kanha this is my work..this is my life, main back off nahi kar sakta.."

Madhav shook his head:"Birthday gift samajke de do, pls pls don't go.."

Mihir battled his own tears:"Don't do this Kanha,  you know I've no option...aur main keh raha hun na, birthday manake jaunga.."

Madhav knew he wouldn't listen..he broke the hug and took his hand in his own:"Promise Karo vapas aaoge?"

Mihir nodded and promised, to let the matter go..

Madhav looked down numb..

Mihir somehow handled Meera and Anu, who were being very emotional..

Jay handled Mahi and Mishu, they both were sad..

Mihir hugged them and spoke:"Maan jao yaar sab, abhi Kanha ka birthday manana hai yaar.."

Jay hummed:"Aur ekdum special celebration hai, cheer up everyone...aur ye gadha vapas aa jayega Ghar..haina Mihir?"

Mihir looked at Jay, who gave him a sad smile..

Mihir nodded, looking away..

Mishti hugged him:"Don't go pls Prince.."

Mihir lifted her in his arms:"Jaana padega na Mishu, pls maan jao..tum toh big girl ho na?"

Mishti nodded sadly..
Mihir kissed her cheek, but didn't speak...

The atmosphere turned light when Mahi offered to make coconut cookies, for Madhav's birthday..
The family loved the cookies she made..

..

Everything was numb, even the house seemed to be dimmed by the family's mood..

Mihir couldn't see this, he didn't even know how long he would take, he just wanted to see his family happy, before he left..

Mihir wanted to make Madhav's birthday super special...he decided to plan everything and went to sleep with thoughts of the big day..

His sleep was disturbed as his normal phone rang..