Chapter 18: Clearing the mess

Things were working well for the Malhotras..

Jay and Mahi legally adopted Mishti...

Thus Mishti was now Mishika Singh Malhotra..
Daughter of Jay-Mahi Malhotra and Ranvijay-Roshni Singh..

Mishti was currently sitting down, Jay and Mahi were sitting besides her, one on each side and the rest of the family was in front of them..

Jay decided to break the silence:"Mishti, do you know hum yahan aise kyon baithe hain?"

Mishti bobbed her head:"Chachu ne bataya, aap mujhe kuch batana chahte ho...toh simply bol do, dadu kehte hai ki bahot soch sochke baat lambi ho jaati hai.."

Her face dropped as she remembered her dadu..

Jay cupped her face and said:"Dadu humesha sahi kehte hai...toh hum bhi seedhe seedhe bata dete hain..aapko main aur Mahi pasand hai? Aap humare saath rahoge?"

Mahi continued and made her look at her softly:"Aur humari princess banoge, jaise king and queen ki princess hoti hai, vaise banoge?"

Mishti nodded cutely and then shouted, pointing at Mihir:"Aur ye mere prince.."

Everyone chuckled at that..

Then Mishti spoke:"But king and queen ki princess...means unki beti na...toh main aap dono ki beti hun?"

Jay and Mahi nodded, Mishti pouted:"Toh...aap mere mumma (pointing to Mahi) and aap mere papa (pointing to Jay)...haina?"

Jay looked at her surprised, he took her on his lap:"Aapko samaj aata hai?"

She nodded slightly:"Haan, main toh big girl hun.."

Mahi kissed her hands with moist eyes:"Yes my big girl...meri pyaari bacchi.."

She hugged her to heart...Jay and Mahi looked at each other, they had been scared..but Mishti made it look so simple...

The family rejoiced and prayed for a smooth life now...but Mihir knew it wasn't going to remain that..

..

Time passed quickly, and now was the time when Mihir and his team, Aryan and Shirin..were finally ready..

Mihir was going to meet Aryan's Nanu..

Aryan was coming on a mission even when his Nanu was recovering..

Aryan had told him that his Nanu's cancer was now recovering quickly and thus he didn't have to stay back, his Nanu was happily letting him go to work..

Aryan took Mihir inside Nanu's ward..

Amitji looked up as the two came in...
He smiled recognising Mihir..

Mihir sat beside him and greeted him:"Hello sir, main Mihir Malhotra..Aryan ka senior.."

He winked at Aryan, who huffed dramatically..

Nanu nodded:"I know, Aryan keeps speaking of you..tumne use training mein bahot help ki hai, uske liye thank you beta.."

Mihir held his hands and spoke:"Uncle aap ye sab mat sochiye..Aryan ne bahot mehnat ki thi, maine toh uski thodi bahut madad karke apne liye ek strong team member banaya hai..he's really doing well now..aur nahi karega toh aap hai na uske kaan kheenchne ke liye.."

Nanu shook his head:"Ghar pe toh main hun, but on field or during training, you've full rights.."

Mihir smiled, nodding..

Aryan was the happiest today..

Nanu called him closer:"Ek baat sun Aru, tu mere ya apne baare mein bhi mat sochna jab tu mission pe ho..I know you would be trained for that, but tere Nanu ko accha nahi lagega agar meri vajah se tu hold back karega...I want you to work hard for the country, and you know I'm proud of you.."