Chapter 12: A Glimpse of the past

After completing the assigned workout, Mihir went inside..for documentation and Interrogation...

He approached Krish first, who told him that Ashok sir would be asked about the absence of the information about the bomb attack..

Mihir nodded, and began with the documentation, being the head there were some responsibilities...

It was around 3 PM when the officers started taking little breaks for lunch..

Krish was going to the hospital in that time, and Mihir wanted to accompany, but his last document was pending...

Krish sighed and said:"Oye Junior, chal ab, tujhe time pe khaana padega na for the medicines.."

Mihir nodded while typing something:"Kha lunga, vaise bhi I'm fit and fine now...doctor ne bhi bola tha...plus Aaj Maine 80 sets maare, can you believe it, that really means I'm ok now.."

Krish smiled but said:"That's because you would have been too excited to join back.."

Mihir smiled at being caught and nodded:"Yep, adrenaline rush mein sab ho toh gya, but now I actually feel aches..bas 5 minutes, fir chalein sir?"

Krish nodded and went to file the last papers..

Mihir finished his work and stood up..pain radiated through his head..he should have taken some more rest...but it was ok, once the interrogation would be over, he would take good rest..

He went to Krish after gulping a glass of water..

The boys left for the hospital..

...

Meera chuckled as Mishti hugged her again:"Aapko pata hai aunty, main na bahot saare fruits khaati hun, aur Kanha uncle toh ek bhi nahi khaate...aiche chote bachon jaise "mujhe nahi khaana Mummaaa..." Aise karte hai...main toh big girl hun na.."

Madhav whined and mocked in a cute tone:"Haan haan, 4 saal ki big girl.."

Mishti bobbed her head:"I'm a big girl..."

At the same time Mihir entered and heard the last part:"Yes Mishti is a big girl, vo toh kitni matured hai na.."

Mishti looked back and smiled widely, she wiggled in Meera's arms, who put her down..

She ran and hugged Mihir's legs..

Mishti:"Prince...aap kahan Gaye the?"

Mihir scooped her in his arms and kissed her cheek:"Kaam bhi toh karna padega na baccha, vo karne gaya tha.."

Mishti pouted:"Abhi nai jaana...mere aur Kanha uncle ke saath khelo..."

Mihir:"Raat ko aake pakka, abhi toh mujhe aapki cute cute si tummy mein, aur meri big big si tummy mein yummy khaana daalna hai, toh vo kar lein?"

He tickled her making her laugh...

Meera unpacked the tiffin..

Mihir put Mishti on his lap, and covering her clothes with a napkin, he fed her small bites..

While for Madhav there was a different meal, and Mihir fed him too, with his other hand..

Meera had already had her lunch with Anu, who had taken a lunch break specially...she had her medicines and couldn't ignore them...Madhav had his medicine with a soup..

She had to pack Jay's different tiffin from home, since he had too many patients to come to eat..

Meera made big bites and tapped on Mihir's shoulder, who smiled and opened his mouth widely...
Meera chuckled and fed him..