02 | capitol brat

Bellona scoffed as she noticed Festus send her a scheming grin

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Bellona scoffed as she noticed Festus send her a scheming grin. Of course, he was happy about this. He liked anything that made Bellona miserable.

Bellona watched bitterly for the rest of the reaping as she saw who everyone else would be paired with. At one point, Bellona even cursed under her breath as she saw Vipsania Sickles's tribute. Not only was he handsome, but that would mean she'd get to work with Pup Harrington rather than stupid Festus Creed.

"She's so lucky," Bellona muttered to Lyssie as the boy from Seven grazed her screen, "I mean look at him."

Festus loudly scoffed at that, rolling his eyes as he eavesdropped on their conversation.

"Beauty won't win him the games, Bellona," Festus muttered, but Bellona ignored him.

Maybe she could convince Vipsania to switch.

No one else seemed to intrigue her for a while, though the boy from Eleven did look like he'd be a strong contender. There was no way Clemensia Dovecote would switch though.

It wasn't until the very end, that Bellona found herself engaged again.

"Oh you're going to love this one, Ms. Crane. District 12 girl. She belongs to Coriolanus Snow."

Soon, the camera panned to a girl with bright makeup and a rainbow dress. She looked angry as she walked to the stage, but she seemed to be taking it on the chin, holding her head up high as a man called out in protest.

"Look at that makeup. Is she some sort of a circus clown?" Arachne taunted with a laugh, before turning to Bellona, "She looks just like you."

"Bite me, Arachne," Bellona shot back, blowing the girl an exaggerated kiss and laughing when Arachne turned away in disgust.

But what happened next immediately drew Bellona's attention back to the screen.  Within a split second, the girl from Twelve, Lucy Gray as they called her, broke away from the crowd for a moment before releasing a snake she must've hidden into another girl's dress.

Bellona let out a loud laugh as she watched the scene, quickly covering her mouth as she noticed people turn to her.

Coriolanus's tribute continued to cause a scene for quite a while, giving the performance of a lifetime as she sang into the microphone before screaming 'kiss my ass' toward the camera.

Once again, Bellona broke out into giggles, finding the girl to be quite amusing. She'd do well in the Capitol.

-

After Lucy Gray finished, the reaping swiftly ended and Bellona quickly made her way over to Vipsania.

"Vipsania, my love. You need to save me," Bellona cried out as she clung to her friend. Vipsania only chuckled.