11 | can't feel my heart

Sadly, after the interviews were over, Bellona was forced to give some input on Dr

Sadly, after the interviews were over, Bellona was forced to give some input on Dr. Gaul's assignment. But as she pondered her thoughts, she couldn't think of anything that would satisfy her. 

She knew what everyone was expecting her to say: 'The war was great because it brought me to the Capitol.'

But Bellona couldn't help but feel disrespected by that statement. The war was in no way kind to her. And neither was the Capitol. Without the war, Bellona would be happy in District 2 with her parents. And Sabyn would still be alive.

But still, Bellona needed to scribble down something before class. And so she wrote the only thing that was true.

-

As soon as Bellona entered the classroom, arm-in-arm with Sejanus, she noticed Dr. Gaul standing by a screen as she reviewed the footage from last night's interviews.

"Oh goodie! The Plinths have joined us. How fun," the woman chirped, greeting the two with a sinister smile. Bellona scoffed at that, dragging Sejanus toward an empty table.

"Look at that. Giving a girl without a fighting shot some bread for her broken heart," Dr. Gaul muttered, gutting as she turned toward Coriolanus, "Why do you think that is?"

"At the dogfights, I've seen people back mutts that can barely stand," said Festus, cutting into the conversation, "People love a long shot."

"Those damn dog fights," Bellona muttered under her breath before raising her hand high.

"Ah, Ms. Plinth. What would you like to say?" said Dr. Gaul, the group let out a collective sigh at that, ready for another Pinth and Creed showdown. But surprisingly, Bellona did not argue back.

"Creed's right. People seek what makes them feel something. Whether it's hope or love. Lucy Gray made them feel it," Bellona added, turning her attention toward the boy who was currently celebrating at Bellona's agreement.

'Don't make me take it back,' Bellona muttered toward the boy, who quickly relaxed, but let the smirk stay on his face.

"People are fools," Livia cut in, scoffing at the thought of Lucy Gray winning, "She doesn't stand a chance."

"People love romance," Pup shot back with a teasing smile, blowing the girl a kiss as he batted his eyelashes. Bellona let out a loud laugh at that, earning an annoyed look from Livia.