09 | pinky promises

To say that Bellona was pissed would be a crazy understatement

To say that Bellona was pissed would be a crazy understatement. Honestly, it was a good thing Festus Creed walked away when he did because if he didn't, Bellona was sure she'd be put in the Hunger Games for what she would do to him.

The rest of the day, Bellona walked around with a raging storm cloud above her head, snapping at anyone who came in contact with her. Of course, Father snickered at this, knowing he was right in not wanting Bellona to go to the Funeral.

But Ma, however, was quite concerned for Bellona, pulling her aside as she stormed into the house.

"What's wrong, my love?" Ma asked, grabbing onto Bellona's arm, "Is it a boy? Festus perhaps?"

Bellona let out a loud grunt at the mention of that man, rolling her eyes profusely as she pulled her hand away.

"Don't even mention that snake to me right now," Bellona muttered, storming out of the room toward her bedroom. Of course, she would feel terrible later for giving Ma grief, but right now, that wasn't her concern.

Instantly Ma turned toward Sejanus, looking for any hint as to why Bellona was angry.

"Festus said something to piss her off about Sabyn," Sejanus whispered to Ma, causing the woman to widen her eyes.

"I HEARD THAT!"

-

It was fair to say that Bellona's night was not the best. When she wasn't fuming over her conversation with Festus, she was in tears over Sabyn. The entire night, Bellona lay in bed, tossing and turning as she tried to stop her thoughts, but nothing seemed to work.

The image of Sabyn's body being dragged down the street was not an easy sight to forget. And the rage she felt after only made the memory stick more.

So by the time she got to school the next day, her grumpy mood had not passed.

Bellona let out a huff as she shoved passed her classmates toward the tributes, plopping down loudly in front of Mizzen.

"Rough morning?" Coral asked sarcastically causing Bellona's anger to dissipate. Right. This meeting wasn't about her.

"Long story," Bellona muttered before turning to Mizzen, "How are you feeling?"

Bellona was too preoccupied crying on the ground to see it at the time, but according to the whispers of the crowd, it seemed like the Capitol took the opportunity to humiliate the remaining tributes again, pulling them around in trucks like before.

Mizzen gritted his teeth at the reminder, looking at the table for a moment silently. Bellona took this as a sign that he would rather not talk about it, moving on swiftly.