21 | green light

Bellona wasn't particularly excited to go to the Academy the next morning with her mind too focused on her conversation with Sejanus the night before

Especially, her final words. 

Immediately after making the promise, Bellona regretted it. If you had asked her before the games to run away to the districts, she would've agreed in a heartbeat. But now, something seemed to be holding her back.

Of course, she believed that to be Mizzen -- the little fish boy from Four who had somehow snuck his way into her heart.

But even when she thought of her life after the games, she couldn't help but picture herself in the Capitol with one annoying, curly-headed boy in particular. 

For some odd reason, the thought of leaving him felt wrong.

And yet, she had already made the promise to Sejanus. A promise she knew she had to keep. No matter how much she didn't like it.

"What's got you so lost in thought," a voice called to her, snapping her out of her thoughts, "Wait. Did you walk here?"

Oh. She was here. She must've been so lost in thought that she didn't even notice she'd make her way to the Academy.

Bellona turned her head to face the voice, pausing slightly when she recognized the curly-haired boy. Of course, it was him.

"What's it to you?" Bellona muttered with a little more attitude than she probably should've given. Thankfully, Festus was used to it, chuckling as he looked her up and down.

"Could've told me and I would've picked you up," Festus suggested, smirking widely as he continued, "It's what boyfriends do, don't they?"

Immediately Bellona's eyes grew wide, beginning to panic as she rambled.

"Boyfriend? You're not my boyfriend. Are you crazy-"

Festus only chuckled at her outburst, shaking his head in enjoyment.

"Relax, Bellona, I was just joking," Festus clarified with a smile, "But by that reaction, I'd think you'd like the idea."

Bellona scoffed as she felt her cheeks heating, folding her arms at his response.