08 | ring around the poser

Bellona didn't see anyone for a day after her release from the hospital, too busy being coddled by Sejanus and Ma

Bellona didn't see anyone for a day after her release from the hospital, too busy being coddled by Sejanus and Ma. Of course, it felt odd for Bellona to be the one being comforted for once, but she knew it comforted them just as much after her stay in the hospital, so she continued to let them dote on her.

Father, however, did not seem to coddle Bellona. Instead, he seemed to treat her much more rigid, hoping that she'd be back to normal after her breakdown. And while Bellona didn't think she'd ever be the same again, she'd do her best to appear otherwise.

But one thing Father did do was shelter her from the news, worried that all those reminders of the bombing would cause her to freak out again. And of course, Bellona understood but she wasn't going to let him stop her from attending the Ring twin's funeral.

"Sejanus," Bellona called out, putting on her sweater as she followed Sejanus to the door, "wait up."

"Where do you think you're going?" Father asked, causing the siblings to halt. Bellona let out a huff as she tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Father they were my friends. I need to go. For them at least," Bellona practically begged, eyes pleading as her father stared at the siblings. Sejanus remained quiet, standing behind Bellona in support.

She needed to go to this funeral. Didi had been one of her closest friends at the academy, always sitting next to her in class or at lunch. And Pollo had never done anything wrong to her to Bellona to make her skip the funeral. 

But Father seemed to have other ideas.

"Go back to your room, Bellona. You're not going," Father insisted, clenching his jaw with an odd look of worry in his eyes.

"No," Bellona replied, standing up a little taller as she stared at her father.

"Bellona Plinth, I'm being serious. Go to your room. Now," Father warned, pointing toward her door. 

For a while, the two stared at one another, hoping the other would back down. But of course, neither of them did. Bellona let out a loud scoff at her father's insistence. He wasn't going to stop her.

"I'm going," Bellona shot back, turning around. From behind her, Bellona can hear Father scoff.

"Your stubbornness will be the death of you, Bellona," Father spat out, venom dripping in his tone, causing her to pause, "Don't come crying to me when you find out what's really happened."