19 | time to talk

"No

"No. I-" Bellona began to stutter looking for a place to run off to. Of course, there was no such thing. After realizing that, she began to grow annoyed, staring up at him for the first time in frustration.

"Festus, let me go," the girl insisted, placing her hands on his chest to push him away. Festus, however, refused to move.

"Why won't you talk to me, huh?" Festus muttered, a hint of anger in his voice. But Bellona didn't really care about his frustration right now. Not when she was already frustrated with herself.

"There's nothing to talk about," Bellona admitted, standing up straight to seem unfazed. Why was she fidgeting so much? And why was he so demanding right now?

"Oh really?" Festus asked with a scoff, staring at the girl in disbelief, "So you didn't kiss me this morning then?"

Bellona's eyes went wide as she tried to hide the redness in her cheeks.

"I didn't kiss you!" Bellona insisted, staring up in awe, "You kissed me."

Festus rolled his eyes at that, letting out a laugh of disbelief.

"You kissed back! You even crawled into my lap-"

Instantly, Bellona cut Festus off, covering his mouth with her hand.

"Would you shut up! People could be listening," Bellona spat out, reprimanding the boy. When Bellona had finally pulled her hand off of Festus's mouth, the boy began to chuckle.

"So? What are you worried people will find out you liked it?" Festus taunted, causing Bellona to stiffen.

How did he know? Was she really that obvious?

"Shut up," Bellona muttered, gritting her teeth as she avoided his gaze. Festus, however, seemed to find enjoyment out of her frustration, eyes widening in shock as he laughed.

"Oh my god. You really did like kissing me, didn't you?" he breathed out, a wide grin on his face as he watched her expression crumble.

"No! I did not!" Bellona insisted, but with the tone in her voice and the blush on her cheeks, it was clear she was lying. Bellona Plinth had enjoyed kissing Festus Creed.

And that was all the confirmation Festus needed. Not that she loved him. Not that she wanted to be with him. But that she was ignited by his touch the same way he was by hers.

And suddenly, he wanted to feel the fire again.

For the second time, Festus surged forward, cupping Bellona's face as he pushed his lips on hers. And almost immediately Bellona reciprocated closing her eyes as she stumbled backward.