06 | fighting at a funeral

Bellona had not expected to wake up with Festus Creed on her floor the day after Arachne Crane's death

And yet, there he was, peacefully sleeping as if he had no care in the world.

Immediately, Bellona sat up and reached for one of her pillows, tossing it at the boy. It took Festus a few moments of mumbling before he finally began to move.

"What?" Festus grumbled as he sat up off the ground, clearly not aware of his surroundings.

"Get the fuck up," Bellona urged, kicking the boy as he refused to move. Instantly, Festus's eyes shot open.

"I'm still here?" Festus asked the girl, staring at her with genuine confusion. Bellona only groaned, throwing herself off the floor as she looked into the hallway to see if her family was up yet. They weren't.

"Yes. And now you need to go," Bellona argued, gesturing for the boy to stand. Festus let out a chuckle as he pulled himself off of the ground, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes as Bellona panicked.

"What's got you so frazzled? Never had a guy over before?" Festus teased, causing Bellona to groan again.

"Of course not, Are you crazy? Not that it's any of your business, but my Father will kill me if he finds you here. So you need to go. Now," Bellona whisper-yelled, grabbing Festus's arm as she dragged him to the doorway. Festus chuckled the entire way there, covering his mouth as he tried to contain his laughter.

"Got a strong grip there, Bellona," Festus teased after Bellona shoved him out the door.

"Goodbye, Creed," Bellona replied, slamming the door in his face before letting out a sigh of relief. Good. No one caught her.

Or so she thought.

"We told you to be nice to that boy but not that nice," Father's loud voice boomed, causing Bellona to turn around with a curse.

"It's not what you think-" Bellona tried to explain. And it really wasn't. It wasn't like Bellona asked Festus to come over and invade her space. She was only doing it to be nice after all.

But her parents did not seem to be listening. Her father looked much more stern, but Ma was beaming with pride.

"I knew you'd end up liking him," Ma teased, clearly happy at seeing Bellona with a guy. Bellona immediately gagged at the thought of her being with Festus Creed. There was no way in hell Bellona would ever fall for a guy like that.

"Ew. No, it's not like that at all," Bellona shot back, running a hand through her hair in frustration. They weren't going to believe her.

-

Luckily, Bellona did not have to see Festus the rest of the day, seeing as classes were canceled in honor of Arachne. But she did have to put up with her parent's torment.