17 | a well-needed girl talk

"Bellona can we talk now?" Festus called after her, rushing behind her as the girl ran to the Academy

"Bellona can we talk now?" Festus called after her, rushing behind her as the girl ran to the Academy. But Bellona only brushed him off, hurrying toward the auditorium as she looked for her friends.

She couldn't have liked Festus, right? It was utterly ridiculous. Mrs. Creed just read the situation wrong, the girl thought, letting her mind scramble again as she scanned the crowd. Festus had barely been a friend less than 24 hours ago. There was no way she could've fallen in love with him that fast.

"BELLONA!" the boy continued to cry out, heaving as he tried to catch up. Was she always this fast?

"Can't talk, sorry!" Bellona called out, running and grabbing onto Vipsania and Lysistrata's arms.

"Hey!" Vipsania called out, furrowing her brows before noticing who was pulling her.

"Bellona? What the hell? Why aren't you in your uniform?" asked Lysistrata, looking at the girl in concern as Vipsania began to laugh.

"More importantly, why is Festus also in his pajamas and running after you?" Vipsania teased, smirking as she looked the girl up and down.

Bellona's eyes widened in embarrassment, shaking her head profusely. From the corner of her eye, Bellona could see Festus now being forced into conversation with Pup and Hilarius, but his gaze still remained on Bellona.

"Shut up," Bellona muttered, biting her lip as she looked around to make sure no one was listening to them, "It's not like that."

"Really?" Vipsania asked, continuing to tease the girl. Lysistrata, however, continued to watch her friend with a look of concern.

"Okay, well it's kind of like that but not as gross as you're thinking," Bellona replied defensively, earning a gasp from Lysistrata.

"Bell, no," Lysistrata muttered, covering her mouth in shock as Vipsania squealed.

"Bell, yes. Please, tell the class what happened," Vipsania insisted, smiling brightly as she leaned in closer. Bellona let out an exaggerated sigh before leaning closer.

"Okay, but you two better promise not to tell anyone," Bellona insisted, clenching her jaw as she noticed them nod their heads immediately.

"Okay, so last night I went to Festus's after I got in a fight with my Father and he calmed me down, and then I woke up this morning in his bed and then he kissed me and I freaked," Bellona rambled, speaking so fast that the two could hardly keep up.

"He kissed you?" Lysistrata asked, eyes widening in shock as she looked toward the curly-haired boy. Bellona begrudently nodded.

"Did you kiss him back?" Vipsania asked, smiling as if she were enjoying the drama. Bellona looked to the ground, saying nothing.