03 | goddess of war

Bellona tossed and turned all night after she visited Sabyn, wishing she could go back in time and change everything

Bellona tossed and turned all night after she visited Sabyn, wishing she could go back in time and change everything. It wasn't until early in the morning that Bellona finally found herself falling asleep, causing her to sleep in way past her alarm.

So of course, she managed to find herself running to class. Late.

With one final sigh, Bellona pushed open the door, causing the conversation to stop and everyone to turn to her.

"Bellona Plinth. I see you've finally decided to grace yourself with your presence. Take a seat, we were just discussing how to get people to watch the Hunger Games," Professor Demigloss exclaimed, gesturing toward her empty seat. Bellona sighed as she shrunk into her seat, running a hand through her disheveled hair.

"What happened to you?" Didi Ring muttered to her, shocked by Bellona's entrance. Belona only shrugged Didi off, muttering something about sleeping in late.

"As I was saying. We need to find a way to get more people to watch. Do any of you have any suggestions?" said Professor Demigloss. Immediately, Sejanus raised his hand.

"Shouldn't we be considering whether or not watching is the right thing to do first?" Sejanus asked, causing a groan from the other students. Bellona stayed quiet.

Sejanus may have been right, but Bellona learned long ago that speaking up in the Capitol gets you nothing but dirty glances and insults. And sometimes, worse.

"Stay on topic please, Sejanus," Professor Demigloss instructed, glancing Bellona's way as if he believed she would say something next. Of course, she didn't.

"Maybe we could put the Plinths in there," Livia Cardew taunted, turning toward the two District kids. Bellona clenched her jaw as she heard laughter coming from some of her classmates. But still, Bellona remained quiet.

Then, Festus's hand shot up. Great.

"Yes, Festus."

"Easy. We make it the law," Festus replied with his stupid grin. Bellona let out a loud scoff, but Festus ignored her.

"What happens if people don't watch?" Clemensia interrupted, finding Festus's idea intriguing.

"Execution for the Districts. Exile for the Capitol. It's simple really," Festus explained cheerfully. For a moment, everyone seemed to take it as a joke, but then, the group started to consider the possibility. All besides Bellona it seemed like.