《Chapter 23》

Sumire POV:

"That was close!"

Haruna exclaimed, Hibiki-san and I, sitting next to each other, looked rather calm compared to emotionally overwhelming Aki and Haruna.

"What was that? Is that possible?"

Aki queried, unable to believe what her eyes just saw.

"They're tough, as expected."

Hibiki stated as I nodded. Despite multiple people sitting around us, I knew it was directly to me specifically.

"It's Nationals, after all."

I stated, tapping my hand on the top of my cane and watching Sengoku lgajima's players every move. Analysing their patterns, I came to the conclusion that they were repeatitive.

Handa and Shuuya ran into Sengoku lgajima's side

"Igajima style soccer fomation, Crane Wing Formation!"

Hatsutori said.

"Acknowledged. Hurricane surge waves!"

Fuuma said and jumped up. The other members of lgajma followed Fuuma's steps. Four members ran in front of Handa as the other four ran in front of Shuuya. Creating a suitable defence.

"Handa and Gouenji are surrounded in a split moment!"

"Gouenj, take it!"

As Handa passed the ball to the boy, he was stopped by two defenders.

"lgajima style ninja arts. Shikofumi!"

Ishikawa Goeta and Katou Dar stomped one of their feet on the ground. This created a strong dust-like wind that knocked Gouenji and Handa down. The ball rolled to the goalkeeper.

I hum, nodding my head in acknowledgement

"They went over our imperfections quite easily."

Aki and Haruna, together with players gathered on the bench, turned to look at me with puzzled eyes. I blink sheepishly before explaining in detail.

"By using their hissatsu tactic, they made Handa pass the ball to Shuuya.Then they predicted the trajectory and cleared flawlessly."

Hibiki-san nodded at my statement, his arms crossed. He carefully watched the unfolding events. In a second, Hibiki-san turned his head to look at us, adding.

"In other words, they made us fall right into their trap, by making the right circumstances."

"Ah, I get it!"

Haruna exclaimed happily

Kidou POV:

"Ninja soccer, eh?"

I mused out loud

"I can't imagine what kind of development will happen in this match."

I dipped my head a little down to look at Raimon's bench, Suzuki looked rather unfazed at the domination of Sengoku lgajima's plays.

Maybe I do imagine the ending score tho.

Sumire POV:

"Sengoku lgajima has been making swift plays and pushing the match with its vicious attacks!"

"Dragon Tornado!"

Shuuya kicked the ball swirling in the air to their opponent's goal.

"lgajma style ninja arts, Tsumuji technique!"

A whirlwind formed in front of the goal and caught the hissatsu with ease. The match resumed.

"Igajima style ninija arts. Bunshin Feint!"